cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

How do I get Transaction Numbers to appear in FIFO Item cost lot report (advanced inventory reports)

Hello community,

I am running the advanced inventory reports in Quickbooks Enterprise and want to use the FIFO item cost lot report. However, the only drawback is that the report shows the Transaction Type and not the Transaction number. The customs report option does not offer the possibility to add transaction numbers to the report.

Does anyone know of a work-around? Or can the specific report be built?

best regards,

Munya

1 Comment
Highlighted

Re: How do I get Transaction Numbers to appear in FIFO Item cost lot report (advanced inventory r...

Greetings, @Munyarari.

Thanks for joining the Community. I'm here to share some information about the report you'd like to pull up in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Enterprise.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the FIFO cost lot history by item report? If so, this report's source is from the items, and the transaction number shouldn't show because some items have multiple transactions. You can pull up or run a custom transaction detail report instead and customize to show the transaction numbers and types that you want as a workaround.

Here's how:

1. Go to Reports menu at the top, then pick Custom Reports and Transaction Detail on the drop-down.
2. Click the Customize Report at the upper left, then go to the Display tab.
3. Select your preferred date on the Report Date Range section, then on the Columns section locate and put a check mark on the Trans #.
4. Now go to the Filters tab, search for the Transaction Type on the Choose Filter section, then choose what you want to show on the report.
5. Click OK.

37.PNG38.PNG

For future reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes or if you're referring to something else in the comment section below. I'd be glad to answer if you have any follow-up questions. Wishing you all the best!