cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How do I let Quickbooks online know that their design of the reconcile page is lacking in visual contrast which makes it very hard to see and needs to be updated?

How do I let Quickbooks online know that their design of the reconcile page is lacking in visual contrast which makes it very hard to see and read and needs to be updated?

In fact many areas of Quickbooks is hard to read.  I'm assuming the nifty designers were more concerned about design aesthetic than userability?  I'm in my 40's and have normal age related vision loss as does a great number of Quickbooks users.  Quickbooks needs to either add a way for users to adjust contrast or stop using small GRAY lettering on a white background and use BLACK lettering and maybe a bolder typeface.  I am having a hard time seeing the bank reconcile feature of Quickbooks on my 24" screen and that shouldn't be happening. 

I've studied graphic design and I know one of the important aspects of the work is USERABILITY.  Nifty design choices don't matter when a large chunk of the users have a hard time reading the type.  Use black type on a white background so we don't have to strain our eyes to decipher what is on the screen.  
Thanks.
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I let Quickbooks online know that their design of the reconcile page is lacking in vis...

Greetings, @OfficeGoddess,

It's nice to see you here today. Thank you for the time you've given to share this wonderful suggestion here in the forum.

Being able to customize the design and display contrast of the Reconciliation page is indeed a great idea to have in QuickBooks Online. I've submitted feedback for this which is sent to the Development Team for review. QuickBooks is constantly evolving to keep pace with organizations as they grow, and to ensure that customers are working with the plan that’s the best fit for them.

The feedback provided by users drive the introduction and development of software. Please stay tuned to our product updates by visiting our QuickBooks Blog. Additionally, QBO is a cloud-based platform, and product releases are automatically rolled out to users once available.

As always, I'm here if you should have any questions or need anything. Hope you have a great weekend!