cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

How do I restore my Quickbooks to an online backup file from a few days ago?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I restore my Quickbooks to an online backup file from a few days ago?

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @becky14.

It'll be my pleasure to guide you in restoring your online backup file.

To restore your backup file, you may follow these steps:

1. Open Intuit Data Protect, then select Restore from Backup.
  2. Select the date and time of the backup you want to restore.
  3. Choose the file/s, select Continue.
  4. Choose the location for the restored file, then choose Restore.

I've attached an article that you might find handy: Intuit Data Protect: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Please don't hesitate to tag me in your comment if you have any other questions. I'll be sure to get back to you. Have a good one!

Experienced Member

Re: How do I restore my Quickbooks to an online backup file from a few days ago?

Thank you.

I open my online backup - see the dates of back up files select the date I wish to put into my quickBooks and nothing happens. I choose a file but nothing comes up that says continue. I actually got tech support from Intuit but she was unable to do that as well.

What shall I do now? my case number is [removed].

Thank you.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi becky14,

If you've already done the troubleshooting steps to resolve common issues with Intuit Data Protect, I would recommend calling our phone agents again. I acknowledged it that you've already contacted them, but they can bring this up to a team who can investigate this further since this is still not resolved.

If you have other questions, feel free to add a comment below.