cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How do I set up pricing for different containers using metered sales and not inventory?

We operate a water station and prices of 5 gallon containers are different from prices of 1 gallon, 1 liter, 800ml containers, etc. How do I set up prices for these items wherein it shouldn't interfere with qty in metered usage?

Note: We use QB POS to monitor quantity sold versus actual usage from the same meter where we refill different types and prices of containers. 

@qbteachmt 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I set up pricing for different containers using metered sales and not inventory?

I'll share what I know about QuickBooks POS price level feature, Robinpaolotan.

The software allows 5 price levels - the regular price plus 4 additional prices. This will affect inventory items only. This means you're unable to set up a price level using metered sales.

However,  we can wait for @qbteachmt's reply. They can share their experiences with the software and can provide a better suggestion.

What I can do is to share your concern to our management team. This will be submitted to our software developers for evaluation. 

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have other questions.