cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill19
Level 1

How do i back up to my online account

How do I back to my online account on a weekly or daily basis?

2 Comments 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for visiting the Community, @Bill19,

That's a good question! I can share some insights about backing up your QBO account.

QuickBooks Online doesn't have a backup feature. All accounts in our system are internally backed up using a third party hard drive to protect all our customer's data.

Our engineers automatically update your records every time there are new features introduced for QuickBooks Online. That's why we're unable to restore your company file to a previous point in time.

Here's an article that best explains why we're unable to back up a QBO account: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1164851

Please notify me if you have any questions about QuickBooks. I'll be happy to address them for you. Have a great day!

henrycabrown
Level 2

Great question @Bill19 ! I work for Rewind, a good solution for automatic QBO backups.

A key point of note in the link Jen shared is: (QuickBooks Online) cannot restore your file to a previous point in time.

If this is something that you're looking for when it comes to backing up your online account, you're going to need a 3rd-party backup app form the app store. Hope this clarifies things further!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us