cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Explorer **

How to IMPORT 2019 Payroll into a NEW COMPANY file

We have been using Quickbooks for years.   We have had so many office staff users that have not been diligent in posting into our company files.  Now it is to the point that everything is so unbalanced, that we must start a NEW company file for 2019.  Can we import 2019 PAYROLL into the new company file, if so, how?  It is the only thing that is correct in our company file number wise. 

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to IMPORT 2019 Payroll into a NEW COMPANY file

Hello, Evergreen Landscaping.

Importing payroll transactions directly from one company to another is unavailable. As a workaround, you can enter a year to date adjustments into your new company file. This process allows you to record payroll in batches from different file or software.

For more information and for the detailed steps about this process, please click here.

Also, please secure a payroll report such as payroll summary from the old file since you’ll be needing this when entering YTD adjustments.

You might also find this article helpful along the way: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764478-enter-historical-tax-payments-in-desktop-payroll 

Let me know if you have other questions. I’ll be around to help. 

Community Explorer **

Thank you for such a concise reply.

I will look it over this week, and let you know how I do.

Sounds like I'll do fine.  I appreciate the offer for support if I need it.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Evergreen Landscaping.

You're very much welcome. As mentioned, don't hesitate to visit us again if need anything else. 

Have a great day!

Community Explorer **

MikiD,

Our payroll user, only utilizes the Assisted Payroll service, she does not use the Payroll interview.

Is there another way to load our 2019 information into the new company file?

We only have about 15 employees, and they are not scheduled to return until the beginning of April.

The full time employees are a handful.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Evergreen Landscaping.

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to help provide some additional information about importing payroll transactions.

Since your user is using the Assisted Payroll service, they have an option to set up payroll interview. To access the Payroll Setup Interview, go to the Employees menu. Then select Payroll Setup, and you’ll be directed to the Payroll setup wizard.

For additional reference, you can check this article to learn more about the payroll setup interview in Desktop.

Once you've already setup the payroll interview, you can now enter a year to date adjustments into your new company file by following the steps in this article: Enter historical payroll data

If you need further assistance with the steps, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a screen share. 

Here's how you can contact our support: 

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Feel me in if you have any other questions about importing payroll transactions. Wishing you and your business continued success.