cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How to enter multiple customers on a job

I teach classes from time to time.  How do I define a "job" that has multiple customers assigned to it (i.e. I am teaching a particular class, and several of my customers are signed up for it)?  Is there a better way to handle this situation?  I often have repeat customers...I would like to create a report that shows all the classes a particular customer has taken...that way I can recommend additional classes for them to take...

3 Comments
Established Member

Re: How to enter multiple customers on a job

Hi raengler!

I believe quickbooks wont let you create a job for all your customers, you need to create a job per customer. However, I would suggest that you can just create an ITEM so that you can use it for all your customer. And for your report, you can just customize the items sold by customer. I hope this will help.

Experienced Member

I already have items set up for each of the classes I teach, and that's what I use.  What I'd really like to be able to do is to print a report that lists all the students for each of the classes (i.e. items)...

There doesn't seem to be a way to get a report for when each item was "sold", i.e. a class was taught, and who attended.    I can create "group invoices", by selecting a list of customers from the master list, but that means looking up who attended a class, or manually entering a class attendance list.  

QuickBooks Team

Hello, raengler.

Creating items per class is the current workaround since we’re unable to assign multiple customers into a single job. To get a report that’ll show lists all the students for each of the classes, you can run the Sales by Item Detail. Here’s how:

1. Click Reports at the top. 
  2. Select Report Center. 
  3. Type Sales by Item Detail on the search box. 
  4. From the list click the green arrow/ run under the report name. 
  5. Set your desired date and click Refresh. 

We’re just a post away if you have other concerns about QuickBooks.