Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to print summary trial balance

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to print summary trial balance

Glad to have you here in the Community, @dbgmedia

Let's print the summary of trial balance. 

In QuickBooks Online (QBO), you can use the Trial Balance report. This report summarizes the debit and credit balances of each account on your chart of accounts during a period of time.  For more information about generating reports in QBO, you can read through this useful article: Available Reports

Let me show you how to print the report: 

1.     Go to Reports from the left menu. 
  2.     On the Search (magnifying glass) box, enter Trial Balance
  3.     You can customize the Report period, Rows and Columns, and Accounting Method.
  4.     Click Run Report
  5.     Select the Printer icon between the Email and Export icons. 

See the screenshot below to serve as your visual reference for the last three steps. 

If you're printing wide reports and some of the columns don't print, you can follow these suggestions: 

•     Resize columns in a report.
  •     Remove unnecessary columns.
  •     Make the margins smaller.
  •     Change the orientation to landscape.
  •     Print on legal-size paper.
  •     Scale the page by a percentage. Check your Printer Setup properties to see if your printer driver supports scaling.

For more details, you can check out the Print reports section through this article: Run Reports

If you want to learn more about customizing reports, you can refer to this article: Customize Reports.

That should get you in the right direction, @dbgmedia. Stay in touch with me by adding a comment below if you have other concerns. I'll be here to help. Have an awesome day!

Established Member

Good Day,

My trial balance does not include the account numbers. How can I have the account numbers included?

QuickBooks Team

Hey there, csharp1.

Allow me to chime in. Let me help show the account numbers on the Trial Balance report.

To display account numbers on reports, you will need to enable the feature in your company settings. Let me show you how:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Go to the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Chart of accounts section, click on the pencil icon to edit.
  5. Mark the Enable account numbers and Show account numbers checkboxes.
  6. Click on Save and then Done.

I'm attaching an article for your reference: Enable and use account numbers.

After following these steps, account numbers will display on your Trial Balance report.

Let me know if you have other concerns. I'm always glad to help. Have a wonderful day.