cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How to process FAM depreciation and record in the Desktop?

I dumped the old QB Premier system and created new system by Enterprise Solutions.  I recorded all the old assets that are not fully depreciated yet in the Fixed Asset item List and then synchronized it with FAM.  I would like to know why the old asset will not show up in the current Balance Sheet in the new system.  Have I missed something when I set up the FAM to sync the Desktop?  Can someone give me advice how to process the depreciation in FAM and record the depreciation in Desktop?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to process FAM depreciation and record in the Desktop?

Hi Georgie,

Thanks for joining the Community. I want to make sure your old assets show up in the Balance Sheet report, so let me direct you to the right support.

Since your concern needs detailed troubleshooting to make sure your Fixed Asset Manager (FAM) and QuickBooks Desktop are synced properly, I highly recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to check unforeseen incorrect configuration and unexpected results in FAM. 

You can follow these steps to contact them:

1. Open QuickBooks.
  2. Go to Help.
  3. Choose Support and click on the Contact us link.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on Get Phone Number or Start a message.

I'm linking some articles that will help:

From there, one of our agents will be able to help further and get you back to business. 

Tag me below if you have any other concerns. I'll be around. Have a great weekend.