cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

How to show sales tax by item in sales by customer detail report?

We have created a custom Sales Tax report using the Sales by Customer Detail Report.  The issue we are having is that if the Purchasing Customer is located in one state and the job/delivery is in a different state (which we collect and pay sales tax) then the taxable/non taxable items do not show up on the report just the sales tax line.  If the Customer is located in the same state as the job/delivery then all items show up.  Any one know how we can fix this so that the items will show for the customers that are out of the state of the job/delivery?

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to show sales tax by item in sales by customer detail report?

Hey there, Jessica2018.

The filter feature controls all transactions or information that will show on the report. Let's check it and make sure we choose all sales tax codes. This way, the items will show. Here's how:

1. Click the Customize Report.
  2. Go to the Filters tab.
  3. In the Search Filters field, enter sales tax code, then choose it.
  4. Click the Sales Tax Code drop-down arrow, then choose All sales tax codes.
  5. Click OK.

Keep us updated after trying these steps. 

Experienced Member

We've tried that and it still doesn't work.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi Jessica,

By default, the Sales by Customer Detail report will show all items whether they are taxable or not, or ship to a different state or not. Try running a fresh report, then add the Sales Tax Code column. This will show you which items are taxable or not.

Please continue posting on this thread if you need more help. The Community team is here for you.

Experienced Member

This still isn't working for us.  Is there a way I can set up a phone call where you can help us with this issue?

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, jessica2018.

I appreciate you for getting back to us here in the Community. I'd be glad to assist you with your question about contacting support in QuickBooks Online.

Yes, you can request a callback directly on your QuickBooks account to assist you with running the report you need.

Here's how:

1. Log into your QuickBooks Desktop program.
  2. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  3. Click QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  4. Click Contact us.
  5. Enter brief information of your concern.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Below Choose a way to connect with us, click Get a callback.
  8. Enter your contact information.
  9. Click Confirm my call.

I'm adding a screenshot below for your visual reference:

1.JPG

Thanks for coming to the Community, I'll keep an eye out for your response concerning the sales report.