cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahreal4me
Level 1

How to start over and remove the old stuff so I can import my desk top? which was setup correctly.

My online was not setup correctly? but my desk top was now I want to import to my online?
2 Comments 2
JamesDuanT

How to start over and remove the old stuff so I can import my desk top? which was setup correctly.

Hello ahreal4me,

You can still wipe out all your data from your existing company file if the account is active for less than 60 days. Before we proceed to the steps, I want you to know that this process is irreversible.

Here's how you can purge your data:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
  2. Include /purgecompany at the end of the URL. For example, the UR shows https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/homepage and change it to https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/purgecompany.
  3. The items that will be deleted are displayed. Type YES to clear the data.
  4. Click OK and select Wipe Data.

If your account is already more than 60 days, you cancel it and resubscribe to a new one. You can refer to this article for more information: Deleting Online Data and Starting Over again.

Meanwhile, you might want to browse this article to know more about converting your data from QucikBooks Desktop to Online: Convert QuickBooks Desktop File to QuickBooks Online.

Fill me in if you need more help with this.

ParkwayInc
Level 6

Hello @ahreal4me,

We would love to help show you how to start over!

There are a few rules on purging an old file and wiping it clean.

Using QB Simple Start:

Nothing you can do but start over at a higher level.

Using Essentials, Plus or Advanced > 60 days:

If you are past the first 60 days, you will need to create a new company file and the choose to import the data again.   The data file can be overwritten for up to 60 days max.

Do not forget to cancel the old file once you have pulled anything out you may need.

Using Essentials, Plus or Advanced < 60 days:

If you are new and had the Essentials, Plus or Advanced for less than 60 days, you can purge the current file, wipe it clean and do a conversion of the desktop file again to repopulate the current subscription.

Here is a link with the steps:

Remember if you convert the Desktop file again, be sure to verify, verify, verify.

Reconcile the QuickBooks Desktop file to the most recent date prior to converting.

You will need to re-reconcile the QuickBooks Online  file to the same date after converting.

One more thing: You can also export bank rules if you had to create a new subscription.

We hope that helps. If you need more help, feel free to reach out. We are happy to assist!

Lynda Artesani, @Lynda

Artesani Bookkeeping

Matthew Fulton, @ParkwayInc

Parkway Business Solutions

Need to get in touch?

Contact us