cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super Explorer *

How to turn off "Get Advanced" banner and "Try it" icons?

My screen is getting cluttered and squished by "Advanced" promos and banners. I open and close them but they don't go away. It's been about a month or so, how long until this annoying pushy advertising goes away so I can have my screen back?

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 3.52.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 3.52.13 PM.png

11 Comments
ProAdvisor

Re: How to turn off "Get Advanced" banner and "Try it" icons?

HI @audiobrad59 

So that means you somehow clicked to upgrade for "free". The only way to downgrade is to click back to the dashboard and on the browser line, backspace home and replace with /changeplan and click downgrade to go back to where you were before you "upgraded" by accident.  

This article should help you with more details:https://www.intuitiveaccountant.com/general-ledger/opt-out-of-the-qbo-advanced-trial-and-downgrade-t...

Lynda

Super Explorer ***

Hi,

Jacqueson here.  As of to date, I am unaware of a means to remove the banner on your QuickBooks Online screen. If I may, however, offer a suggestion. Please follow the link below and send your suggestions to our QuickBooks team for their review. 

https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/forums/168199-quickbooks-online-feature-requests

I do truly THANK you for taking the time to inform us of this concern. Please reach out to our Community Support team again with any and all questions, concerns, as well as suggestions.

Sincerely,

Jacqueson

Super Explorer *

The first time I was aware of the change was upon receiving an email on 4-2-19 indicating that my plan had changed. I remember being annoyed once again at a forced change from Intuit. I have no interest in this plan because of its high cost and never did. Furthermore, I share the sentiments of many in these forums at the reduced functionality of Plus and the lost hope that we will ever see improvements (or even long-overdue bug fixes) on our now mid-level product. I cannot say with 100% assurance that I didn't accidentally select a free upgrade, but I certainly didn't do it knowingly.

I am increasingly suspicious of Intuit's motives and tactics as they continually fail to put the best accounting features and fixes before meaningless graphics updates and UI changes. If it weren't for the extremely nice and helpful people on the phone support lines--who generally share my frustration with product snafus since they rarely get advanced notice either--I would have dumped Intuit a long time ago. QBO is mostly good, but Intuit's unresponsiveness to bugs and issues over the many years I've used this product completely undermine any goodwill I might have otherwise had towards this company. If Intuit further marginalizes Plus users, I will definitely go shopping for a different product with a more client-centric company. (Sadly, this kind of tone-deaf app design, where customers are beta testers without a voice, is becoming increasingly common).

Super Explorer *

Jacqueson, I have sent much feedback to Intuit, and logged numerous service requests that were documented in great detail that have never been fixed. Stupid easy ones like when searching custom fields, the search filter displays "custom field 1, custom field 2, etc" rather than "PO, Job#, and Job Name" that I assigned to these fields. There is no excuse for not having this fixed FIVE YEARS after I first notified them of the issue. I have showed this simple bug (via shared view) with numerous support people who agree its broken, but can't help me. They say they'll pass it on, but what happens from there and who's listening is probably every QB user's #1 question.

Super Explorer *

Lynda, I followed your link. It is as I suspected--I was given no choice about the Advance trial. It's in the very link you sent me! I stand by my comments with increased conviction!

Liz_Revert_01

Super Explorer ***

Hi,

Jacqueson here. First, let me THANK you, for your transparency, as it is extremely appreciated. I am in the process of researching this concern for you. Please allow me 48 hours to reply so that I may update you on this matter. I AM listening and you have been heard...

Any other concerns or information you are willing to provide in the meantime will be appreciated...

Looking forward to working with you,

Jacqueson

Super Explorer ***

Hi,

Jacqueson here. I know that I am writing this prior to our 48 hour agreed upon response time. Yet, I wanted to advise you that due to severe weather in my Virgina area today (arriving at approx. 1 pm) I may not be able to reach an adequate response/solution to the concern you and I are currently working on within said timeframe. Therefore, I am respectfully requesting a bit more time (approximately an extra 48 hrs. in order to account for any power outages which MAY occur)? I shall, of course, keep you updated on the QuickBooks situation as it unfolds. I sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to assist QuickBooks with this challenge. It is those, such as yourself, that help create outstanding companies. Once again, you are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jacqueson

Established Community Backer ***

@Jacqueson wrote:
I do truly THANK you for taking the time to inform us of this concern. Please reach out to our Community Support team again with any and all questions, concerns, as well as suggestions.

You write like you work for QuickBooks, yet your tag is "Super Explorer" which is not the tag of someone who works for QuickBooks.  Do you work for QuickBooks? If so why don't you get an appropriate tag?

Established Community Backer ***

@lynda wrote:

So that means you somehow clicked to upgrade for "free".

There were 2 options:

1. Free Trial

2. Sign up for the $150 per month plan

So if you did not upgrade for "free", then you upgraded for $150 per month

There was no 3rd option: neither of the above.

If Advanced actually had any useful features and at a reasonable price it would be an interesting marketing tactic.  It fails at both. 

Strange decision-making going on

Established Member

This is ridiculous. Intuit needs to provide us a simple way to get rid of the "QuickBooks Online Advanced" and these annoying Try It tag which screw up my navigation or I'm going to get rid of QuickBooks.

QuickBooks Team

Hello, epef.

I appreciate you joining this thread and letting me know how things are looking in your QuickBooks Online account. I'd be glad to help you out with removing the tags and opting out of the Advanced trial.

To do this, you would first need to accept the trial, which is completely free and will not affect your monthly subscription charge. Once you've upgraded, you'll be able to downgrade immediately to your original subscription plan and resume business as usual.

I've got an article for you that offers additional information about the Advanced trial period, as well as the steps to return to your Plus subscription. You can check it out here: https://www.firmofthefuture.com/content/update-on-the-quickbooks-online-advanced-free-upgrade-period....

I wish you and your business continued success. Please let me know if you have any other questions.