cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

How to understand your subscription rates and charges

Why am I being charged 474.00 for yearly subscription? I have 2018 desktop pro with payroll enhanced?

7 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to understand your subscription rates and charges

Hi there, becca22

Desktop Payroll is an annual subscription. The Enhanced Payroll subscription that is part of your QuickBooks Desktop 2018 might have automatically renewed, which is why you're charged $474.00.

You can log in to your account in the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPS) website to review your billing history. Here's how: 

1. Log in here: Manage your QuickBooks.
  2. Scroll down to the Payment And Order History section.
  3. Click View your transaction history.
  4. Select a date in the drop-down arrow for Select Time Period.
  5. Click the Order Number to see more details.

I would also recommend contacting our Payroll Support Team so they can access your account and discuss the charge with you. Here's how:

1. Open this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?service=16&infosrc=
  2. Click Account, then click View Contact Info

Visit us again in the Community if you have other payroll questions. 

Experienced Member

I understand that it is for renewal for next year. What I don't understand is why anyone would want to pay that amount when they can go out and buy the whole 2019 program for less than $200.00?

The charge is absolutely excessive from what I am reading from others.

I have 5 employees to pay. 2 monthly. 3 yearly. Not sure if that's worth it for this Union Company.

QuickBooks Team

Hey there again, Becca22.

When you purchase in a retail store, some QuickBooks is bundled with payroll already. Then, the payroll subscription is good for a year before you'll get charged for the renewal. 

As what my colleague @JenoP suggested, you can always contact our phone support to discuss about the charges.

Reach out to us anytime if you have other concerns. I wish you a nice weekend! 

Established Community Backer ***

Payroll is never included in the base price. The street price of $200 is for the QB software alone WITHOUT payroll.  Current pricing for Enhanced https://payroll.intuit.com/desktop-payroll-enhanced/

We never get discounts on renewals so list for Enhanced is $450 billed annually (plus that pesky $2/employee/month) so with your state sales tax $474 would be about right

I read a response recently from an Intuit employee that said you CAN cancel your current subscription and re-up with the "included" payroll subscription to get the cheaper price.  I'm not sure, but you might have to call them to facilitate a smooth switch.

That might apply if they are using the subscription version of desktop with payroll sub added on. But if you have standalone QBDT from Costco, Staples, or even Intuit itself, good for 3 years before having to buy again there would be no savings in changing to a yearly subscription for DT that includes payroll over just the payroll add-on

amazon is your friend

2019 pro with enhanced payroll, $288.99

https://www.amazon.com/QuickBooks-Desktop-Enhanced-Payroll-Download/dp/B07G5TKVJN/ref=dp_ob_title_ds