cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to upgrade Company File from Older Version?

I was working with 3 company files in QB Desktop for Mac 2016; when I moved to the 2019 version I was easily able to convert one of them but the program won't let me convert the other two. Can't find anything relevant in the FAQ here. Is there a fix for this?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to upgrade Company File from Older Version?

Hello there, @Shraddhavani.

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'd be glad to help upgrade your company file successfully.

To start, you may copy the company files and save it in My Documents then open QuickBooks to update the files.

Once done, you can now proceed with upgrading your company files. If you’re upgrading from a previous version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you’ve got a few more steps to get up and going.

1. Make a backup copy of your company file using the previous version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac (File >Back Up).
  2. Quit any previous versions of QuickBooks that are running.
  3. Start QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019.
  4. Choose File > Open Company, select your file, and then click Open. (QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 may automatically upgrade and open your last used company file.)

For additional reference, you can visit our QuickBooks Little Square and download the User's Guide.

If you need further assistance with the process, you can get in touch with our Support Team. For the support's contact information:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other questions about upgrading QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. I'm always here to help you.