cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave18
Level 2

Https://c43.qbo.intuit.com/app/transfer?txnId=X is broken. There's a javascript error when clicking on the "Save and close" button

9 Comments 9
dave18
Level 2

Https://c43.qbo.intuit.com/app/transfer?txnId=X is broken. There's a javascript error when clicking on the "Save and close" button

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to Banking and then Click on a transaction of type "transfer" to bring up this page: Https://c43.qbo.intuit.com/app/transfer?txnId=X
  2. Adjust the dropdown or change anything
  3. Click on the "Save and close" or "Save and new" button

You'll now have a spinner and nothing will ever happen.

This is because there is a JavaScript error which halts page execution.

file and line number of error: dojo.js.uncompressed.js:5235:2

I cannot paste in the error as this editor thinks it is HTML and blocks me

FritzF

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community, @dave18.

I appreciate you providing the complete details of your concern. I'm here to help fix the error you're having in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

I checked if there's an ongoing issue about this but there isn't currently one. That being said, let's perform some troubleshooting steps that can help us fix this.

To start off, try logging into your QBO account using a different or a private browser. There are times that the browser is full of frequently accessed page resources, thus causing some errors and/or unusual responses.

To use a private browser, here's how:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + N (Google Chrome).
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox or Internet Explorer).
  • Control + Option + P (Safari).

Once logged in, go back to the Banking page to double-check. If it works, return to your default browser and perform clear cache to remove temporary internet files on your computer. Before doing so, make sure to take note of your saved passwords and URLs.

That's it! Please let me know how it goes in a comment section below. I want to make sure this is fixed. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions. Have a good one.

dave18
Level 2

Thanks @FritzF. Before I reported the problem, I logged into both firefox and safari to reproduce. I just tried this as well in an incognito window and the issue still occurs.

Not sure what to say but I can reproduce this every time. I even reclassified a different transaction as a transfer and I get the issue. Perhaps it's only in FF and Safari.

My workaround to fix this was to "Undo" the transfer and then I'm able to edit the details in the "For Review" table in the "Banking" section of the app. Whenever I pull up the "/app/transfer" page, the button has broken JavaScript.

Hope that helps you reproduce and hopefully anyone reading this will be able to use my workaround.

Let me know if there's any further information I can provide to help you track this down.

FritzF

Thanks for getting back to me, @dave18.

I appreciate the steps that you've done to get this working. Also, thanks for sharing this wonderful workaround. Information like this will definitely help other users with the same issue.

Since you already reported this, rest assured that our Product Engineers will investigate what's causing the error and fix it for you. Additionally, you'll receive an email directly from the team once an update is available.

Let me thank you for being a part of our QuickBooks family. Post again here in the Community if you have any additional concerns. Take care and have a great rest of the day!

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@dave18 wrote:

My workaround to fix this was to "Undo" the transfer and then I'm able to edit the details in the "For Review" table in the "Banking" section of the app. 

Something not right. Earlier you said:

"Steps to reproduce

Go to Banking and then Click on a transaction of type "transfer" to bring up this page:Https://c43.qbo.intuit.com/app/transfer?txnId=X
Adjust the dropdown or change anything
Click on the "Save and close" or "Save and new" button
You'll now have a spinner and nothing will ever happen."

So clicking Undo in "In Quickbooks", will bring the transaction back into Banking ("For Review"), where apparently the problem started. 

How did it get into "In Quickbooks" in order for you to click Undo?

But there is no "Save and close" or "Save and new" button in Banking ("For Review"), so it is not clear what page you are on

dave18
Level 2

@Malcolm Ziman the transaction got into quickbooks as a csv file upload. It was categorized as a transfer and I accepted it.

I appreciate you trying to help but I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

I was stating that in the “For Review” area of the app, the problem DOES NOT occur.

The problem at hand has to do with a specific page of the quickbooks web app throwing an error.

I can import a csv with a transfer or change an existing transaction to a transfer and it still occurs. The source of the transaction isn’t related to the JavaScript error. 

This is an application level error where a JavaScript “object” is undefined when trying to be accessed by a piece of code used within the quickbooks app.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

on what page does the error occur?

dave18
Level 2

MaryGraceS

Hi there, @dave18.

I'll be happy to get you to the right support to get this taken care of today.

Currently, there are reports of spinning green circle when trying to create a transfer between banks or bank deposit, and the engineering team is aware of it and hope to have more information soon.

Our engineering team also suggested to enter the Transfer within the register of the bank account as a workaround.

Here's how: 

1. On the left pane, select Accounting.
  2. At the top left, select the Chart of Accounts tab.
  3. Locate the relevant bank account.
  4. Under ACTION column, click View register
  5. Under the DATE column, click the Add check drop-down.
  6. Choose Transfer
  7. Enter the details of the Transfer.
  8. Click Save.

Capture1.PNG

I also suggest calling our phone support to add your company details to the affected users' list. This will also sign you up to receive email updates as soon as they become available.

Let me show you how:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account. 
  2. At the top right, click the Help icon. 
  3.  At the bottom, click Contact Us

That should point you in the right direction today.

I appreciate your patience while we look into this issue. If there's anything else that I can assist you with, feel free to leave a comment below. I'll be happy to help you out. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us