Did you mean: 
john-schell
Level 1

I can't get any reports to generate.

7 Comments 7
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for posting here in the Community, @john-schell.

Allow me to share some details about being unable to generate reports in QuickBooks Online.

Currently, we have an ongoing issue wherein customers were unable to access reports. Our engineers are now diligently working to get this issue resolved in a timely manner.

To get the latest updates about this matter, I'd suggest giving our Customer Care Team a call. They'll be able to add you to the list of the affected users and notified via email about the status of the issue.

To do that:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help at the top right.
  3. Select Contact Us to connect with a live agent.
  4. Enter your concern.
  5. Click on the Get our phone number button.

Update: This is issue have been resolved, you should be able to generate reports now the way that it should be.

Please let me know if there's anything else that you need. I'm here to help. Have a great day!

JGTaxPro
Level 2

I would like to add that I just tried running reports on my own books for last year and can't get any types of reports to run.  When clicking on the Reports section in the left-hand pane, nothing happens.  Also when accessing any of the reports from the briefcase in the green menu bar at the top, nothing happens either.

It seems like going into a clients QBO file and then back to your own QBOA file then the reports become accessible.  I'm not sure if this is a bug but that's how I was able to get it to work for me.

josie8
Level 1

Previously i can generate report on quickbooks but now can't generate, what happende?

MJoy_D

Let’s resolve the error that you’ve encountered when running reports, @josie8

It's possible that piled-up cache in your regular browser caused this unusual behavior. You can clear your current browser’s cache to resolve this. 

Go to your account by using a private browser or an incognito window. If you can now run the report, clear the cache in the one that you're currently using.

Here’s how to go incognito or use a private browser:

• For Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+N.
  • For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+P.
  • For Safari, hold down Command+Shift+N

Then, follow the steps in the clearing temporary internet files and cache article. You can also try to proceed by using other browsers if the steps above don’t work.

Also, here’s more information on how to run reports in QuickBooks Online.

I'm always here if you need help or assistance about running reports. Just leave a comment below. Take care and have a wonderful day!

teresa ten10
Level 2

I cant get any reports to work.   Why?  I tried your help and the automated person came on.  When I asked for a rep the blue dots just moved and nothing else happened!  I am getting very angry!

teresa ten10
Level 2

I cleared the cache and I still can't get the reports to work!

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've performed, @TERESA ten100.

Let me guide you in contacting our best available support. First, can you share with us the exact error that you've received? This way, we can request for a formal investigation so we'd be able to identify the root cause of your concern. 

In the meantime, you can schedule a callback through the Help icon in your account. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up.
  4. Enter a brief description of your concern then hit Continue.
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

Please extend your patience while we're working for the permanent fix. Feel free to leave a comment below to let us know how your call goes. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us