cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I copied chart of account from Sage in excel and formated for importing to my Quickbook charat of account. I followed direction as given in Help. But I am not successful in importing the Excel chart of accounts sheet to quickbook. Any suggestions.

How can I import from Excel spread sheet with Chart of Accounts to my QuickBooks Desktop Pro that I am trying to set up.

2 Comments

Re: I copied chart of account from Sage in excel and formated for importing to my Quickbook chara...

Hi there, @mr01.

I can help import your Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks successfully. 

Did you receive an error when importing your Chart of Accounts? The format may be incorrect and you'll need to check if there is any reason that causes QuickBooks to encounter such errors. 

It may be due to the following:

• You're trying to import sub-accounts.
  • You've exceeded the limit of accounts.
  • You've entered the same email id more than once in the same column.
  • You're trying to import data from an account that is not present.

Make sure to review everything and try importing it again. You'll also need to accurately map your accounts to ensure you match the information under QuickBooks with the Excel sheet.

You can check this article for more details about importing your QuickBooks data successfully with Excel: Import or export MS Excel files.

As always, you can reach out to our Desktop Chat support if you need assistance in going through the steps. They can also check the mapping further to ensure the import is successful. 

Let me know if you have additional questions with the import process. I'm always here to help.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: I copied chart of account from Sage in excel and formated for importing to my Quickbook charat of account. I followed direction as given in Help. But I am not successful in importing the Excel chart of accounts sheet to quickbook. Any suggestions.

Our BRC List Importer  can help.  You can try it in trial mode to import your chart of accounts (no opening balances in trial mode, but you can import the accounts.)