cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ap7
Level 1

I have e-filed 1099's through quickbooks online. I am needing to print the copies for our files. where would I go to locate the e-filed 1099's to be printed?

5 Comments 5
FritzF

I have e-filed 1099's through quickbooks online. I am needing to print the copies for our files. where would I go to locate the e-filed 1099's to be printed?

I see this is your first question so let me take the time to welcome you here to the Intuit community, @ap7.

I can help walk you through printing a copy of the 1099-Misc form that you already e-filed in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Here's how:

1. On your QBO account, go to the Expenses menu at the left panel, then Vendors.
2. Click Prepare 1099s on the upper right.
3. Select Continue your 1099s and you're prompted to review your form, then Next to proceed to step 4 - Review.
4. Go ahead and pick Finish preparing 1099s, then Print and mail or I'll file myself under Print and mail.
5. Choose Print sample on blank paper to see the preview of your form.
6. If it looks good, click Print on the Print Preview, then Print again.

Just in case, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Print finished copies of 1099-MISC forms.

That's it! Please let me know how it goes in the comment section below. I'm only a post away should you have any additional questions or concerns. Wishing you and your business continued success!

JenniferCTP
Level 2

Hi Fritz,

Thank you, but that doesn't work. When I get to that screen, the option to print myself is not there.  I accessed the 1099's I e-filed last month, but I can't find those instructions again.  I remember I had to log in to something other than my regular QBO account. Does that sound familiar?

Rubielyn_J
QuickBooks Team

I've got your back, @JenniferCTP. It's my priority to help you print e-filed 1099s.

There is another way to print a copy of the 1099 form you've e-filed through QuickBooks Online (QBO). This can be done by signing in to your 1099 E-File Service account. 

Here's how:

1. Go to this link: https://iop.intuit.com/login/login.jsf?only1099=1. 
  2. Enter your Intuit login credentials. 
  3. Select Sign In
  4. Choose View past forms page. 
  5. Lastly, print the form. 

For additional insights, please see the Can I access archived or previously filed forms? section through this article: Prepare and File Federal 1099s using QBO

I've also added this resource that you can read to learn more about the 1099 forms in QuickBooks: What is 1099?. Also, you can check out the IRS PDF Guide to know more about its filing instructions. 

Don't hesitate to comment below if you have further concerns with payroll forms in QuickBooks. I'll be around to lend a hand. Take care and have a great day!

arkansasred
Level 1

I e-filed 1099's for one of my clients.  They don't have payroll, just contractors.  I have tried the link and the company is not listed, all of my others are listed, but not this one.  I hate to have to pay 14.99 again, any other solutions I can try.    Thank you in advance.

AbegailS_
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the thread, arkansasred. 

I'll make sure that you get your contractor show on your 1099 report. 

There are couple of reasons why a contractor won't show on the report. 

To sort this out, you can follow the detailed steps in this article: Fix missing contractors or wrong amounts on 1099s

You can check these article for detailed information:

You also want to know how to modify your chart of accounts for your 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC filing.

If you have any further questions or clarifications, I'm just a click away. Take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us