cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need to move a number of transactions from an asset account to an expense account. What is the simplest way to do this (in bulk)?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I need to move a number of transactions from an asset account to an expense account. What is ...

Hi Simon, if you have an accountant on file, they have exclusive access to a Bulk Reclassify tool. This would be the fastest way to have these transactions moved. 

Re: I need to move a number of transactions from an asset account to an expense account. What is ...

Thanks for that response! I may end up having to go down that route if I can't find another solution.

My challenge is that I need to transfer some, but not all, of a large number of transactions from the asset account to the expense account...and my accountant doesn't/wouldn't know which to transfer and which to leave.

Is there a way I can transfer the transactions one by one from the asset account to the expense account? May be easier if I just do it this way...

Thanks again.

ss

Established Community Backer ***

@callmesimon 

If they are single-line Cheque, Expense or Bill type transactions, you can batch reclassify in Expenses.  Select the ones you want to reclassify , then Batch Actions> Categorize selected, select the new account and Apply.  There is no warning or undo, so be careful