cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

I really need to talk with someone with regards to restoring a company from a backup USB. What it tells you to do , it is not doing. How can I get a person on the phone

When we purchased the 2019 Quick Books, it did not retrieve the files from the 2017 quickbooks and that is no longer assessable since the new one has been installed, The USB peg was bad, we sent it away to a company to try to salvage what was on  there, they sent it back, supposedly with salvaged information just from August 2108 and before, however when I go to restore file, and follow directions, it is not working.

1 Comment
Community Backer ***

Re: I really need to talk with someone with regards to restoring a company from a backup USB. What it tells you to do , it is not doing. How can I get a person on the phone

Where is your original QuickBooks file stored?  You should be able to open it in QB19 after it upgrades itself.  Find your original file on your computer.  You can search by typing *.QBW  Once you find it, double click on it.  It should open in QB19 if that is the only version of QBs on your computer.  You will have to upgrade the file, but the program will walk you through the process.