cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loj888
Level 2

Importing Excel Item List Quickbooks Desktop Mac 2019

Hi, Quickbooks team. I usually import my Item list using excel, this time after the recent update, there's nothing on the import item list tab it's just blank.

please fix this as soon as possible. I cannot invoice my customers thank you.

6 Comments 6
Olga_Sokolovskaya
Level 3

Hi, loj888

You can try to import your list of items using Exel or CSV format by any app. For example, Business Importer Desktop. 

FritzF

Hi there, @loj888.

Thanks for posting here in the Community and for providing a screenshot. Allow me to chime in for a moment and help fix the issue you're getting with the import list tab in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for Mac.

I checked if there's an ongoing issue about this but there isn't currently one. To isolate this, let's run the rebuild and verify data utilities. If you haven't used these before they are automated diagnostic utilities that comb through, repair, and notify you of data damage within the file.

Here's how:

1. Go to File, then select Utilities and Rebuild Data.
2. Choose OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
3. Click OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
4. Now, go back to File, then Utilities and select Verify Data this time.
5. Should the Verify find an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Choose Close, then perform the steps below.
     a. Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
     b. Check the log file.
     c. Scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent Verify information.
     d. Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, then check: Top data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop.

For your reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Resolve data damage on your company file.

That's it! Please let me know how it goes in the comment section below. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions and concerns. Take care and have a great rest of the day.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

We became aware of this issue today. Working on a fix that will show up when you run QuickBooks->CheckForUpdates.  May be a few days. 

loj888
Level 2

Hi, there is no LVL_ERROR on my Log file. Thanks

loj888
Level 2

Hi Olga! I'm using MacBook, they don't have apps for my OS. Thanks!

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, loj888.

I agree with @IntuitBrooks. This issue has been reported to our engineers for further investigation. We'll keep you posted for any updates.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us