cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Inventory not correct after physical done

Hello We are running QB POS 18. We have a main and 3 remotes set up. 

I did a physical inventory with our CipherLab scanner which I have done many times before.

I loaded the inventory from the scanner into the correct store (which happens to be the main)

and selected to " set all items not counted to zero". We scanned 4000 items and uploaded that much with no errors.

When I do a inventory valuation report for that store it says we have 7000 or so pieces and I looked

up inventory and it did not change all the items that had a quantity of 1 to zero if it was not scanned. It only changed the actual pieces that were scanned to fix them.

Why? Does it have to do with too much data in our files?

Do I need to do a Clean up company data? I don't think this has ever been done and we have 

97000 item numbers.

Hopefully someone can help me figure this out....  

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Inventory not correct after physical done

Hi there, @Wishandshoes.

I'd be glad to help check why your inventory is incorrect after doing the physical inventory.

QuickBooks Point of Sale offers a variety of reports which suffice our customers' needs, especially tracking sales and inventory. When running reports, you may experience issues with your reports that show inaccurate information. This may happen if your reports are filtered incorrectly, there is a potential company file damage/issue, or your QuickBooks Point of Sale needs to be repaired or reinstalled.

Yes, you can clean up your company data using the clean which helps repairs transaction and list damage in your company file. For the details process, you can check this article: Use the Clean Up Company Data utility. In addition, before doing any troubleshooting steps, make sure to create a backup of your company file.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our Support Team to check this further. For the support's contact information, you can check it here: Point of Sale Support.

Don't hesitate to add a post/comment below if you have any other inventory concerns, I'll be always here to help you. Wishing you the best!