cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pz
Level 1

Invoice Attachemnts

I would like to attach parts receipts to invoices so that I can reference back in the future by customer and job, rather than just customer. However, I do not want the customer to be able to view the receipt as these are my prices, not customer prices. Is this possible?

Solved
Best answer March 28, 2019

Best Answers
JaneD

Invoice Attachemnts

Hi there, pz.

I'm here to address your concern with attaching parts receipts to invoices. 

If you're referring to purchases in QuickBooks Online (QBO) Plus, you can make each item line billable to the customer or job. Just ensure you enable the Billable feature on your company settings.

To turn on Billable Expenses:

1. Click on the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
  2. Select Expenses.
  3. In the Bills and expenses section, select the pencil icon.
  4. Ensure that the following items are checked:

• Show Items table on expense and purchase forms.

• Track expenses and items by customer.

• Make expenses and items billable.

5. Set the markup rate.
  6. Change the income account you wish Billable Expenses to affect. By default, Billable Expense Income is selected.
  7. Click on Save and then Done.

For more in-depth information, you can refer to this article: Enter billable expenses.

However, if you're referring to an invoice receipt, you can attach it to the billable transaction. Just open the bill or expense and attach the receipt. 

From there, your customer won't be able to see the attached receipt. Please let me know if you have further questions. I'm always glad to help.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
JaneD

Invoice Attachemnts

Hi there, pz.

I'm here to address your concern with attaching parts receipts to invoices. 

If you're referring to purchases in QuickBooks Online (QBO) Plus, you can make each item line billable to the customer or job. Just ensure you enable the Billable feature on your company settings.

To turn on Billable Expenses:

1. Click on the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
  2. Select Expenses.
  3. In the Bills and expenses section, select the pencil icon.
  4. Ensure that the following items are checked:

• Show Items table on expense and purchase forms.

• Track expenses and items by customer.

• Make expenses and items billable.

5. Set the markup rate.
  6. Change the income account you wish Billable Expenses to affect. By default, Billable Expense Income is selected.
  7. Click on Save and then Done.

For more in-depth information, you can refer to this article: Enter billable expenses.

However, if you're referring to an invoice receipt, you can attach it to the billable transaction. Just open the bill or expense and attach the receipt. 

From there, your customer won't be able to see the attached receipt. Please let me know if you have further questions. I'm always glad to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us