Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Searoom
Level 2

Invoices and checks not saving.

QB 2019 desktop installed on MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.3

74 GB free of 500 GB

Upgraded from QB 2014

Recently created invoices and checks are not saved after shutting down and reopening QB.

Deleted and did clean install to no avail.

Anyone seeing this and is there a solution?

13 Comments 13
Searoom
Level 2

Looking at FreshBooks, Xero, and Save as alternatives.

Software should be good to go out of the box in 2019, no time for rejiggering or BS. What a time suck.

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Confirm your company file is stored in your documents folder.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Help->Product Info will open a window. Look down a the bottom to see where the current company file is stored.  When you make changes they should be stored right away in that file.  You can check the file update date to make sure its being written.

Whenever we see this the issue usually is that the person is re-opening an older file on each launch.  But I'm not 100% certain without looking at your computer. 

QuickBooks uses CoreData and SQLite - the same data storage used by Apple's Mail.  

Searoom
Level 2

I appreciate the input and help looking for a solution to my problem.

I checked and my xxx.qb2019 file is located in Quickbooks folder, which is in the Documents folder.

I filled out a check and saw the "Saved" indicator pop up but don't see a change in the time/date on the xxx.qb2019 file.

I looked at the old file xxx(QB2014).qb2014 and don't see a change in the time/date. I don't see any other potential xxx.qb20xx files where the data would be saved, unless I am missing something?

Thanks!

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Searoom.

I appreciate you coming back to us for additional support and providing extra details. Allow me to join this thread and help you save the invoice and check transactions in QuickBooks.

Make sure to comply with the system requirements for QuickBooks Mac to avoid system interruption and issues while using the product. Next, let's try performing some troubleshooting to verify if being unable to save invoices and checks are caused by data issues.

Here's how to Verify Data:

1. Choose the File menu.
  2. Click Utilities.
  3. Select Verify Data.
  4. Click OK when you see the message, QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.
  5. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you'll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
  6. Click Close or View Errors and take note of the specific error message.

1.PNG

Here's how to Rebuild Data:

1. Choose the File menu.
  2. Click Utilities.
  3. Select Rebuild Data.
  4. Click OK if you receive a prompt to back up your company file.
  5. Click OK when you get the message, Rebuild has completed and proceed to the next step.
  6. Run Verify Data again to make sure there's no error.

2.PNG

Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse cursor move, Rebuild is still ongoing. Just wait for it to complete.

After doing the steps above, try creating and saving an invoice or a check transaction once more. If it works, you're good to go!

On the other hand, if the issue persists, you can try the other recommendations in the Resolve data damage on your company file article.

Let me know how it goes, Searoom. I want to make sure this is taken care of. I'll wait for your response. Just add a comment below or mention my name. Have a good one.

Searoom
Level 2

Thanks 

No problems have been detected in your QuickBooks data." Message

- Went to product info window but cannot pull up "Review Las verify/Rebuild with CTRL+1 as instructed.

Review Quickbooks.log File

- most recent listing: 

QBW (MK Ultra.qb2019) 03/12/19 16:23:50

Verify Completed

Any idea where to go from here?

Thanks!

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, Searoom.

Thank you for updating me about the steps you've tried. I'm glad to know that there are no data errors on your company file after running the Verify/Rebuild tool.

Were you able to save an invoice or a check after that? If not, you can try more steps instructed on this link: Resolve data damage on your company file

If the issue continues, I suggest getting in touch with our phone agents. We'll be needing more tools, such as screen sharing, to investigate this further. 

1. Visit this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Select the issue/topic.
  4. Click the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Just add a comment below. Wishing you all the best!

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

That's really strange - I would expect the file date on the company file in your ~/Documents/QuickBooks folder to update when you saved a check.  What version of the Mac OS are you running?  Is it 10.12? 

Can you write me at qbmacforum1(at sign)intuit.com? 

Where (at sign) is really @.  I can't type an email address in the forum any longer.

We can then talk through it via email and I can obtain some logs and getting them to our engineers. 

Thanks!

Searoom
Level 2

Thanks IntuitBrooks.

I am running OS Mojave 10.14.3

and Books for Mac V18.0.4 R5

I'll ping with an email for follow up.

Again, thanks for the efforts.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 6.08.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 6.14.10 PM.png

Searoom
Level 2

Anyone else want to take a crack at solving this mystery?

Thanks!

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this thread, @Searoom.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps and article provided by my colleague @HoneyLynn_G? If the issue persists, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Mac Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to do a remote session and investigate this further. 

Here's how you can contact our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Type-in Technical Support on the search bar. 
  4. Click Get the Phone number below. 

Please let me know how the call goes. You're always welcome to visit the QuickBooks Community if you have any other questions. Have a good one. 

Searoom
Level 2

Thanks Much!

I did indeed go through all the troubleshooting steps presented as well as the article to no avail.

Currently working on this with Brooks.

Will report back once solved in hopes of saving someone else the time if they are encountering the same anomoly.

PreciousB

Thanks for keeping us updated, Searoom.

I truly appreciate you for trying all the troubleshooting steps shared by my colleagues.

As IntuitBrooks mentioned, we'll need to check your logs. This way, we can determine the root cause of why your transactions aren't saving.

In the meantime, it'll be a good idea to update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac to the latest release.

Here's how:

1. Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu and select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  2. For the newer version of QuickBooks Desktop, click Install Update.
  3. Click Install and Relaunch.

For the detailed steps, check out this article: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.

Let me know how that works for you. I'd like to make sure that you're able to resolve this concern, so please let me know how it goes by posting a comment below. Best regards. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us