cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoices

I recently installed Outlook 365 and my Quickbooks Pro 2016 is telling me that I need to install Outlook client on my system so I cannot select Outlook on the send forms preferences page without that error message.

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Invoices

Hi there, @cheme98

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to assist you with selecting Outlook when sending forms in QuickBooks Desktop.

There are several reasons on why you're unable to select Outlook as an option when sending forms in QuickBooks Desktop. These are the following:

• Your profile is not set up in Microsoft Outlook.
  • Outlook is not the default email program.
  • Outlook is not selected as the preferred email program in Internet Explorer.
  • Your QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud and your service provider does not have Office installed as a hosted application.

I have here some troubleshooting steps that you'll need to perform to get this sorted out:

• Ensure your Outlook version is supported.
  • Make Outlook the default email program.
  • Set the default email program in Internet Explorer.
  • Edit the Mail Profile settings in Windows
  • Edit the WIN.INI file in Windows
  • Uninstall and reinstall Office and QuickBooks

To get more information about this process, please refer to this article: Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms preferences.

Also, you can check out this article about some setting up and fixing Outlook issues in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference: 

However, if you need additional assistance with this matter you can always give our Technical Team a call. They have the necessary tools to guide you all throughout the procedure. 

To reach them:

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to see the support number.

I'm just a reply a way if you have any questions about these steps or with QuickBooks. Wishing you and your business continued success.