cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yeniho
Level 1

Is there a way to bulk update multiple inventories from taxable to non-taxable?

7 Comments 7
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @yeniho.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Community. Allow me to help share information about updating the inventory items from taxable to non-taxable.

We can edit/change the inventory items from taxable to non-taxable, however, we don't have the option to edit/update the inventories in a bulk. You may need to update the items individually.

I believe that updating the items in a bulk saves time while working with your inventories. If you think this option is what you need for your business, I suggest sending product request/feedback straight to our product developers to be considered in the future updates.

To send you product feedback:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Feedback.

Let me know if you have any other inventory concerns, I'll be right here to keep helping. Have a great day ahead!

inezcames
Level 1

Yes...download a copy of your existing inventory list - Open in Excel. Edit the column for taxable to say no - save. Go to quickbooks and import new list. On the import screen there is an option to overwrite entries with identical names at the very bottom of the screen, click this box - This is important - if you do not check the box you will have duplicates in your inventory list - Hope that helps - 

Dave59
Level 2

Yes, there is! I'm responding because 1) I had the problem, and 2) accidentally discovered a loophole where this is possible. In the Item List, on the Excel button at the bottom of the page are three options - Import, Paste, and Export. Choose Paste From Excel. Select Inventory or Non-Inventory Parts, sort by the Sales Tax Code column. Go to the first item and change Tax to Non, Down Arrow key, change the next, etc, until all are Non Tax. Save Changes. Done!

Dave59
Level 2

That is not necessary. Use the Paste From Excel option and change each item directly then Save Changes.

MRP123
Level 1

That does not appear to be an option in ONLINE, only desktop version?

SirielJeaB
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @MRP123. Thanks for joining the thread.

In the meantime, the option to bulk multiple inventories from taxable to non-taxable isn't available in QuickBooks Online. I suggest sending a feature request to our product developer to be included in future product enhancements. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help icon in your QuickBooks Online.
  2. Click Send feedback online, then select Product suggestion.
  3. Fill out all necessary information. Click Send feedback.

Please read this article to learn about the format to use in Excel or Google Sheets when importing a list of your products or services into QuickBooks Online: Import products and services into QuickBooks Online.

Kindly get back to the thread if you have further questions about your inventories in QuickBooks Online. We're available 24/7. Stay safe, MRP123.

Beres
Level 1

This has saved so much time now we have gone VAT registered and had to change each product. Thanks so much!! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us