cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZempelInsurance
Level 1

Is there a way to manually enter payroll in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019

I have been manually processing payroll from a 3rd party payroll vendor using QuickBooks Pro 2011 (Windows version) and recently switched over to Mac and also upgraded my QuickBooks to the Desktop for Mac 2019 and I can't seem to figure out how to manually enter payroll information.  I know Quickbooks wants businesses to use there payroll services but we are not ready or in a position to switch right now.  I also see that there have been other responses and instructions given as to how one can set up manual payroll processing but they do not fit/work with the Desktop for Mac 2019 version.  

Any help before I invest a ton of time to figure out my own way to manually enter the payroll information would be greatly appreciated.

9 Comments 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ZempelInsurance.

Entering the payroll information manually is also available in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. This process involves setting up your employees, setting up accounts and writing a check for the employee.

For the detailed steps about this process, please refer to this article: https://qblittlesquare.com/2011/02/payroll-i-want-to-do-it-myself/.

In this article, you’ll also find how to generate reports that tell you what your payroll tax liability payments should be.

Please keep in touch if you have other questions about QuickBooks.

Account_Sponge
Level 1

The link to the article is down. In fact the site is down. Please advise when the article is back up. I need this information badly.

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for reaching out to us, @Account_Sponge.

Can you provide me a screenshot of the error message stating the site is down? The Little Square site is working fine on my end, and I can view the article about entering payroll manually without any issue. 

It’s possible that local internet files are the reason behind this unexpected behavior. Cache tends to hold onto information, and over time may cause problems in your web pages. Clearing it on a regular basis usually prevents this from happening in the future.

Let’s first verify by loading the site using a different browser or a private window. Here’s how:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (Internet Explorer)
  • Command + Shift + N (Safari)
  • Ctrl+ Shift + N (Google Chrome)
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Mozilla Firefox)

If it works, clear the browser’s cache. Here’s an article to help you with the process: Delete or Disable cache and temporary internet files in your web browser.

However, if you continue to get the same result, I recommend reaching out to the Customer Care Team for further assistance. They have additional tools to check the root cause of the issue.

Here’s how to get in touch with phone support:

1. Go to the Help menu and select Ask Intuit.
  2. On the pop-up, scroll down and click the blue Contact us link.
  3. Fill out the Tell us more about your question field and click Search.
  4. Click the Get Phone Number button.

Please let me know how everything turns out and the call goes. I’m always here to keep helping. Have a good one!

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Yes - the site is down temporarily.  We are working to restore it.  Check again in a couple days.

GRR2
Level 1

Did not work on 2019 version. Possibly requires more info in setting up withholding/medcare etc. What tax line is sed etc.

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this thread, @GRR2.

To provide the best resolution, I need more details on what specific issue you’re experiencing when setting up payroll in the desktop for Mac version. In the meantime, please download the Desktop for Mac 2020 User's Guide.

This article provides detailed information on how to add employees. Simply here click here to get the link and proceed directly to page 31.

In regard to the tax line, I recommend checking with a tax adviser for the recommendation which one to use to map to each account.

I appreciate any details you can provide to help me get on the same page. I’ll be on the lookout for your response. Have a good one.

sam2020
Level 1

Can you tell me if they are working on a payroll option for Mac users?  I would really like to do this but it seems to be difficult to do. 

MirriamM

Thanks for joining the thread, sam2020.

You can do manual payroll in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Here's how:

1. Set up your employees and your accounts.
  2. Write a check to your employee. 
  3. See what you owe in payroll tax liabilities. 
  4. Track year-to-date taxable wages.

You can take a look at this article for the detailed process: https://qblittlesquare.com/2011/02/payroll-i-want-to-do-it-myself/.

Moreover, if you have an Intuit Payroll subscription, you can pay your employees through your Mac computer. Visit below links for more insight about running payroll in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:

If you have any other questions about this, get back to me by commenting below. I'd be more than happy to answer it for you. Have a wonderful day ahead!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution".

JYcebu
Level 3

They should have just kept the old payroll interface so that people like me who don't download federal taxes can continue using it, while those who need to do it automatically can pay for it.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us