cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Explorer *

Issue with changing shipping address on invoices in QB desktop for mac

QB issue with invoices... When we ship (or bill) to a different end user under the same Customer file QB for mac will give me the option of ‘one time’ or ‘permanent’ change. I have experimented with both ‘one time' and 'permanent’ and occasionally it will automatically change the address on the invoice back to what is stored in the customer file. This doesn’t happen every time and of course happens without me noticing. So I end up printing the packing list, invoices, etc with the wrong addresses. 

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Issue with changing shipping address on invoices in QB desktop for mac

Hi smleick4484,

You can run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to get this sorted out. Let me walk you through how.

1. Click File, then click Utilities.
  2. Click Verify Data.
  3. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  4. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
  5. Click Close.

Then, run the Rebuild Utility tool to fix minor data problems. Here's how:

1. Click File, then click Utilities.
  2. Click Rebuild Data.
  3. On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup. 
  4. Click OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

After that, you can try printing your packing list or invoice again.

Feel free to read this article for more information: Resolve data damage on your company file.

For future reference, you may check out this article: Get answers to questions about eInvoicing.

Get back to me if you have other questions. I'm always here to help. Thanks for dropping by.

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Issue with changing shipping address on invoices in QB desktop for mac

One time should just take the new address on the invoice and not update the customer record.  Permanent should change the customer record to match the invoice.  Neither option should change the address on the invoice. 

So....  not sure what's happening.  Are you using multi-user by chance? iCloud sync? Just wild guesses..... 

Note that when you edit the customer you have the option to enter multiple Ship To addresses.  If you often ship to different addresses for a single customer that can be a nice option.