cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super Explorer ***
Solved

Item receipt no longer visible under the vendor after bill created

I noticed in Premier that the item receipt is no longer visible under the vendor once the bill is created.  Is this a new feature?  I'm used to Enterprise and I believe it hasn't changed there.  Can anyone tell me what the normal process is please?

Thank you!

Best answer 05-24-2019 12:05 PM

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item receipt no longer visible under the vendor after bill created

We're glad to have you here, dpic44.

Yes, the item receipt will no longer be available after the bill is created in the Premier version of QuickBooks. I'm here to provide further explanation.

When the Enhanced Inventory Receiving feature is enabled in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, it separates item receipts after bills are created. You can also read this article for more information: Enhanced Inventory Receiving (EIR).

Since this option is unavailable in the Premier version, bills should be recorded against item receipts to see the correct value of your Accounts Payable. 

This should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have further questions. I'll get them answered. Have a great day.

3 Comments

We're glad to have you here, dpic44.

Yes, the item receipt will no longer be available after the bill is created in the Premier version of QuickBooks. I'm here to provide further explanation.

When the Enhanced Inventory Receiving feature is enabled in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, it separates item receipts after bills are created. You can also read this article for more information: Enhanced Inventory Receiving (EIR).

Since this option is unavailable in the Premier version, bills should be recorded against item receipts to see the correct value of your Accounts Payable. 

This should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have further questions. I'll get them answered. Have a great day.

Super Explorer ***

Thank you for the quick reply Jane!  I appreciate your help.

QuickBooks Team

Hi @dpic44,

You're very much welcome.

Please feel free to post back here in the Community if you have any other questions. We'll get them answered.