cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Job cost reports showing both paid and unpaid invoices

Is there a way to run a report  for job cost by job showing both paid and unpaid invoices without having to drill into each individual invoice?  

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Job cost reports showing both paid and unpaid invoices

Hello there, @amd4780.

It's nice to have you in the Community. I'm here to share information about Job cost reports in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

At this time, a Job cost report that'll show both paid and unpaid invoices is unavailable in QBDT. However, you can pull up a Custom Transaction List by Customer report instead. Here's how:

1. Go to Reports menu at the top, then pick Customers & Receivables and Transaction List by Customer on the drop-down.
2. Once pulled up, click Customize Report on the upper left.
3. On the Display tab, type Paid on the Search Columns field under Columns section, then put a checkmark beside it.
4. Now, go to the Filters tab, then enter Transaction Type on the Search Filter field and choose Invoice on the drop-down.
5. Go back to Search Filter field and type Paid Status, then select Either.
6. Click OK.

I also added some sample screenshots below for your visual guide.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Just in case, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Customize customer, job, and sales reports.

That should give you the report that you need! Please let me know it goes or if I can be of additional assistance in the comment section below. I'm always here if you have any follow up questions. Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Experienced Member

This report is good, but how do I get it to show the vendors name?

QuickBooks Team

Hello, @amd4780.

Thanks for getting back. Allow me to chime in and help share additional information about Transaction List by Customer report in QuickBooks.

At this time, we don't have the option to filter the report that'll show the vendors name. Having the option to do so would be a great add on to our features. I'd suggest sending feedback about this to our Product Developers Team.

They always visit this section to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need.

Here's how you can send feedback:

1. Go to the Help menu in QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online.

If you need help in the future, you can always visit us in the Community again or you can directly contact our Desktop Chat support.

Here's how you can reach them:

1. On your QuickBooks, press F1 and select Contact us.
  2. Type in your question and select Search.
  3. Click the Start a Message tab.

Let me know if you have additional questions about Job Cost reports in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help.