cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Logo prints smaller on invoice than shown in template

Our Logo on the Sales Invoice is the correct size on the Template but a lot smaller on the actual invoice. Logo on invoice needs to be as on Template?

I saw where the question above was posted previously, but, the answer did not work.  We spent over 3 hours with QuickBooks help and the couldn't solve the problem.  We set the logo up as "large" on the customization part of the set-up.  It shows correctly on the screen, but, when we print the invoice, the logo is reduce to very small.  Anyone know how to correct this situation?

45 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Logo prints smaller on invoice than shown in template

Hello there, IPP Pressworks.

Let's try to create your own invoice template, make sure the logo is large, then import it to the system. 

Once done creating the template, let's turn on the import style feature. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon, then choose QuickBooks Labs.
  2. In the Import Style row, toggle the switch to On.
  3. Click Done.

Then, import it. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon, and choose Custom Form Styles.
  2. Click New style, then choose Import style.
  3. Choose the file, then click Next.
  4. Map the fields, then click Next.
  5. Click Save.
  6. Add a template name, then click Save.

When you create an invoice, use the new template. Just click Customize, then choose it. After creating the invoice, print it, then check the logo.

I've got you an article for future reference: How to import custom invoices.

Get back to this thread if you need more help. 

Community Explorer **

I'm having the same problem - the logo I've uploaded is sized properly in the preview, but when I view the pdf it is more of a thumbnail size. I really don't want to take the time to create my own custom form style when this seems like some kind of bug on QBO's end. How about fixing the problem? The previous logo I had worked fine, and it was the same size, but something must have changed in the almost 3 years since I uploaded the original logo.

QuickBooks Team

Hi @ deedee6719,

I’d be glad to help you so you can upload your logo.

QuickBooks Online enables you to upload multiple logos so you can better represent your business. Here are the benefits you can get from this:

• You can upload multiple logos.
  • You can have a unique logo for your Invoices, Estimates, and Sales Receipts.
  • You can have up to 10 logos in the logo gallery.
  • You can upload logos up to 10MB.

When uploading a logo in QuickBooks Online, make sure that:

• It's in supported format, like .gif, .bmp, .png, .jpg, .jpe, or .jpeg file.
  • Its file size is smaller than 10 MB.
  • It has a bit depth (or color depth) of 24-bits or less.
  • It uses the standard RGB color space (RGB).
  • Its shape is square. Rectangles don't work. 

Feel free to read this relevant article for further information: How to Add, Customize, and Troubleshoot Logo on Sales Forms.

If you need any other help, I’m just a post away! Have a great day!

JF5
Established Member

Same problem for us. We have the same logo. It was printing ok, but something change in QB and now our logo appear very small even if we still indicate large in the setting.

Everithing was working ok, we even create new logo image to fit good on QB invoice. But something change and we have problem now.

Experienced Member

We have the same problem here! It's a new problem. We use the same logos. We don't want to take time to create our template. Can you just repair the bug?

QuickBooks Team

Hello, JF5, Bicoise.

This has been reported to our engineers and they’re currently working to fix this as soon as possible. For now, it’d be best to add your company details to the list of affected users. To do so, you can reach out to our phone support team. Here’s how:

1. Open your QuickBooks Online Company file. 
  2. Click Help at the top. 
  3. Select Contact us. 

I’ll also make sure to keep an eye on their investigation and keep you posted once there updates. 

Please continue to post your questions here in the Community. We’ll be here to help you out with your QuickBooks concerns. 

Experienced Member

Hello,

We found the problem!

Although our initial logo is in the appropriate dimensions (300Kb), we did the test to reduce the quality to 80K. Automatically, the right dimension appeared in the original invoice and our problem was solved.

I hope it can help you for the future!

Solange

QuickBooks Team

It's nice to see you today, Bicoise.

I’m happy to know you’re able to find a way to upload your logo with the correct dimension. The workaround steps you shared with us will help customers who are currently experiencing the same problem.

The Community platform is a place where customers, product experts, and accountant shares their ideas, tips or best practices and how the information will help them grow their business. For more insight on how to run your company using QuickBooks, you can visit the QuickBooks Resource Center site.

Again, thank you for visiting us here in the Online Community.  If you have any other concerns or questions about QBO, leave me a comment below. I’ll be right here to help.

Experienced Member

Same problem for us. We have the same logo. It was printing ok, but something change in QB and now our logo appear very small even if we still indicate large in the setting. This is on invoices and estimates.. Very frustrating 

Experienced Member

We have the same issue. Just started yesterday. Resized logo again to 20kb, didn't help. This needs to be fixed ASAP, our estimates and invoices look silly!

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @russco.

Allow me to join the thread and help share additional information about printing logo in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Yes, as mentioned by my colleagues above, there's an ongoing issue about logo weight, size, alignment changes on form styles between previewed and printed/sent versions. A ticket was already submitted about the issue and our engineers are all hands on deck currently working for an immediate fix.

To receive resolution update and to be added to the list of affected users, I suggest reaching out with our QuickBooks Online Support Team. In addition, as soon as we'll receive updates from our engineering team, me or one of my colleagues will update this thread as well.

As a workaround, you may follow the steps provided by my colleague Kristine Mae to create your own template with the logo and import it to QBO.

To learn more about adding and customizing a logo, you can check this article: How to add, customize, and troubleshoot logo on sales forms.

Thank you for your patience. Stay in touch if you have any other QuickBooks and logo concerns. I'll be always here to help you!

Experienced Member

Thank you @Angelyn_T for the quick response.  I hope this is resolved soon. Asking clients to create their own templates in a Word doc and fidget around with the data tables etc.. is very time consuming and is not foolproof.

We are eagerly waiting a solution here, thank you!

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate your patience while this was being worked on, @russco.

I'd like to let you know that, as soon as an update is received, I, or another member of the Community team, will be happy to update this thread and let every know so that you can get back to business.

Also, I encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Online Blog, to be read the latest news and updates from QuickBooks including product improvements and leadership spotlights. 

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions concerning QuickBooks. Thanks for coming to the Community, wishing you continued success.

Community Contributor *

Hi

I am setting this up for my niece and brother's company and also having the same problem. I have gone to print off a dummy delivery note to show them what it will look like and the company logo is basically non existant, needless to say they were not impressed.

I have followed the onscreen instructions above, but when I click on Custom form styles I get Standard-Master 18.03.2018 which I am assuming is the one I created today to print off and it won't let me delete it only edit. 

It is safe to say that I am now loosing the will to live after trying to sort this out for the last 6 days, I need to get on with setting the rest up before we go live with this in 2 weeks.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Jac58.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

There is still an ongoing investigation about invoice logo size and alignment issue. Our team of engineers are continuously working on resolving this matter.

For now, I want you to be part of our containment list so we can roll out updates of the investigation by sending it to your email. You can provide this INV-24145 as your reference of the current investigation.

Here's how:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Click the Help icon in the upper right of the screen.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up. 
  4. Enter what you're needing assistance with in the How can we help? field and choose Continue
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

Let me know how it goes. Feel free to leave comment below if you have other questions I’m always here to help.

Community Contributor *

Hi there, 

I am not getting th continue button, I am getting a lets talk button?

QuickBooks Team

We can do a few troubleshooting steps for you to get the Continue button, Jac58. 

This could be a browser's cache issue that is why you are getting a different button after entering your concern. 

To do that, let's try to log in using a private browsing window and follow the steps again on how to contact us. If you were able to get the Continue button, we'll have to go back to your main browser's cache. This is to delete or remove stored data and for your browser to function well. You can also use different browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. 

Let me know how this worked. 

Community Contributor *

Hi there,

I am actually using Chrome, I have just tried it on IE and am still getting the lets talk button, bear with me please I am going to sort out the cache and will get bak to you.

Community Contributor *

I'm back.

I now have the contact button, thank you.

The live chat or email are the best contact options, as I  said previously I am setting this up for my niece & brothers business so it is her details on record, but it is I who is/will be doing all the accounting for them.

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate the update, Jac58. 

Our support agents will link your account to the ongoing investigation so you'll receive updates through email. 

Always know the Community is around to help you if other concerns. Have a great day!

Community Contributor *

Thank you so much for your help.

Community Explorer **

I was on with support for a while with this, and we noticed my image was not completely square, so I took care of that, and then I cropped out all of the white space around the lettering (our logo is just wording on a white background) and that made it a little better. It's still not large enough, but it is not terrible. I still wish they'd fix it on their end, because my previous logo was larger on printed and emailed invoices.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for bringing this invoicing issue to my attention, @deedee6719.

I understand the impact of any delay in resolving the printing issue with your invoice logo. This is a known issue and our Product Engineers are closely monitoring this case to come up with the best resolution that would address the invoice logo display.

I’d recommend contacting our Customer Care Team so you’ll be added on the affected user’s list. Reset assured, you’ll be receiving an email coming from us as soon as this will be fixed.

Here’s how:

1. Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
  2. Click Help from the upper right corner of your screen
  3. Choose Contact Us.
  4. Type in a “Invoice Logo” as a keyword for your concern.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Choose We’ll call you.
  7. Enter your information.
  8. Hit Call Me.

Updates about this ongoing issue will also be posted through this thread. We appreciate your patience while we continue working on this. I’ll be around if you need help with customizing and printing your invoices.

Experienced Member

Seems like it has been resolved!! THANK YOU!!