cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Memorized Transactions.

QuickBooks 2016r33 for Macintosh: Memorized transactions are only visible to admin users. Can they be accessed by a limited user? And if so, limited to what?

8 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Memorized Transactions.

Good day, @BradMacPro!

I'm here to share a little more details about user permissions in your QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

First off, QuickBooks Desktop for Mac has two user permissions. These are Administrative and Custom users.

The Administrative user can do all things and has all the access to every area of a company file. While Custom user can only access to selected areas of a company file.

Although Custom user has limited access, you can still access the memorized transactions. However, it'll still depend on what permissions have been granted by your Administrative user.

In addition, I've included a video tutorial and an article you can read to learn more about user permissions: Access QuickBooks User Manuals and Installation Guides.

It'll be always my pleasure to help you out if you have any other questions about user access and permissions. Have a great day!

Experienced Member

Even with all checkboxes ticked, the non-Administrator user sees nothing in the memorized transactions window but the admin one does. As we would like a limited user to be able to use the memorized transactions, I don’t see how. I have yet to watch the video. Didn’t show on the iPhone, presumably does on the Mac.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate the details you've given, @BradMacPro.

Allow me to step into this conversation and provide you with more information about user access for the memorized transaction in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

If you've given permission to your user to access the Memorized Transactions in QuickBooks by clicking the sensitive financial option on your permission section, then the user should be able to see the said transaction. 

To better isolate this issue, you can try creating a memorized transaction on a sample company file and have a dummy user to view the transaction. If this works, you may go back to your company file then remove and re-enter your users. 

If the issue persists after trying this process, you can try performing the verify and rebuild process. Verifying the data self-identifies data issues within a company file while rebuilding the data resolves data integrity issues.

To do that:

1. Click on File at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Rebuild Data.
  4. Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Once done, you can proceed with verifying the data.

Here's how:

1. Click on File.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Verify Data.
  4. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.

For more details about this process, please refer to this article: Resolve data damage on your company file.

That should do it!

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any questions with accessing memorized transactions in QuickBooks. I'm always ready to help. Take care!

Experienced Member

If you've given permission to your user to access the Memorized Transactions in QuickBooks by clicking the sensitive financial option on your permission section, then the user should be able to see the said transaction

That option was checked and no memorized transactions were visible. Will try a rebuild.

QuickBooks Team

Hey there, BradMacPro.

Once done running the Verify/Rebuild utility tool, check if the non-Administrator user can now view the memorized transactions.

However, if they're still unable to view them, I suggest getting in touch with our technical support to have this checked better. They have more tools to investigate this further. 

Here's how to reach out to them:

1. Visit our website: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact#.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. On the Contact Us page, choose a topic.
  4. Click Get Phone Number.

We're just around if you have other concerns. Don't hesitate to visit us anytime. 

Experienced Member

I opened the Sample Service file, Larry's Landscaping & Garden Supply, entered multiuser mode, and while there were already memorized instructions, I added another (Ecker Design). I created a limited user, with access to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory and Sensitive Financial and logged off as administrator and logged in as that limited user and the memorized transaction list is blank, Not the one I added or the others previously defined, so it seems to not be a problem with our usual QB file.

Experienced Member

I tried that to the sample service file, enabled multiuser mode, and while there were already a bunch of memorized transactions, I added another. Logged off as administrator, logged in as the limited user, with access to Accounts Payable, Receivable, Inventory, and Sensitive Financial, it did not show any memorized transactions. This tends to indicate the QB file in question is not corrupted and as this behavior was on my mac as well as others, it's perhaps a setting we all have overlooked.

Thanks for trying the recommended troubleshooting, BradMacPro.

I appreciate you for keeping us updated on what have been tried so far. Let me share another step to help us ensure that the non-Administrator user can view the memorized transactions.

You can try updating QuickBooks Desktop for Mac to the latest release. This will help you download the changes, improvements, and fixes that were made to QuickBooks.

Here's how:

1. Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu and select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  2. For the newer version of QuickBooks Desktop, click Install Update.
  3. Click Install and Relaunch.

Check out this article for the complete details: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.

If the issue persists, I recommend giving our QuickBooks for Mac Support a call. They have the expertise and resources to help you resolve this. Please follow the steps shared by my colleague above on how to reach us.

That information should get you on the right track. Let me know the results after trying the steps above. I'm always here to provide you with additional assistance if you need anything else. Have a good one.