cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Explorer *
Solved

Merchant Services deposit double entry

I've done something a couple of times and I don't know how to fix it. Usually I wait to record a merchant services deposit until after I get an email from QB that says that my money is on the way. Then I go into the Merchant Service Deposits and record the deposit through there. I believe what I have done a couple of times is record the deposit through the Record Deposit window which then doesn't match up with the Merchant Service Deposit and creates a duplicate deposit that just sits in the Record Deposit window because I don't want to double record it. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Best answer 03-22-2019 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Merchant Services deposit double entry

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @PI1417

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

Since the deposit record is from merchant service, that's the reason why the Received from option in QuickBooks is grayed out. I encourage you to contact our Merchant Service Support Team they have the tools to pull up your account and record the payment to the correct customer. 

You can contact our merchant support through this link: QuickBooks Payments

Please know that you're always welcome to post again if you have any other questions about the QuickBooks. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @PI1417.

It's nice to have you in the Community again. I'd be glad to help share some information about recording merchant deposits.

If the sales received from Merchant are deposited in the undeposited funds, you'll need to record this in QuickBooks. This will not create a duplicate.

You can check out this article for more information and for the steps on how to manually record your deposits: Record Merchant Service Deposits.

Also, if you need help managing your deposit account information in the future, you can check out this helpful article: Manage your account information using the Merchant Service Center.

This should help get you on the right track. As always, I'm just a few clicks away if you have other questions about your merchant deposits. I'll be here to help however I can. Hope you have a good week ahead.

Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Actually, I'm not sure this answers my question. And maybe I asked the wrong question.  Something I did applied the payment to "QuickBooks Customer" and now that customer has the credit rather than the person who made the payment. Is there a way that I can apply the payment from QB Customer to my real customer?

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @PI1417.

Thanks for getting back and providing clarification about this payment. Let me help provide additional information.

Since you've recorded the payment to the wrong customer in QuickBooks, you can fix that by opening the payment and by changing the customer to where the payment should be allocated. 

Once done, it should remove the credit for the person who didn't actually make the payment. 

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be on the lookout for your reply if you need further help with the process. Also, if you need some help articles in the future, you can visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

I'll be here to help if you have other questions. Have a good one.

Frequent Explorer *

It won't let me do that. The received from line is grayed out and I can't make any changes....

I've tried clicking the Look up Customer/Invoice and it will let me apply it that way, but it won't let me save it.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @PI1417

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

Since the deposit record is from merchant service, that's the reason why the Received from option in QuickBooks is grayed out. I encourage you to contact our Merchant Service Support Team they have the tools to pull up your account and record the payment to the correct customer. 

You can contact our merchant support through this link: QuickBooks Payments

Please know that you're always welcome to post again if you have any other questions about the QuickBooks. Wishing you and your business continued success.