cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Missing Dialog Boxes

In my recent version of Desktop Pro 2017, I installed the latest update download, and then had 2 problems:

(1) In one company, when creating an Acct Copy to transfer to a client, I follow the File / Send Company File / Accountant's Copy / Save File and, after selecting the Save File, no follow up dialog box appears.  I cannot select any other function, and can hear the error tone which seems to indicate I'm not selecting a correct option.  I must "Escape" to return to the Home window.  I have the same problem with my attempt to create a regular company backup file.

(2) In another company, after the same update download, when I attempted to create an invoice for an existing customer, I opened the Create Invoice from the Home window, then selected the customer from the dropdown list, then the program froze, requiring a forced shutdown through Windows Task Manager.

Thinking the update caused the problems, I purchased the latest QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019, opened the problem companies, updated, and experienced the same problems.

Suggestions?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Missing Dialog Boxes

You can do a clean install for Windows, jmw4qkbks.

The moment you install the updated QuickBooks, it copies the settings of your previous program.

You'll want to do a clean install of your QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019. This way, you'd be able to start over and set up your software settings again.

Let me know how it goes on your end. 

Experienced Member

The Clean Install did not work.  Both problems continue.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back this us, @jmw4qkbks.

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

I appreciate you for taking the time to follow all the troubleshooting steps in the article provided by my colleague AdrianRose_A just to resolve this issue. Since the issue persists, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Team. They have the tools to do a screen share and investigate this further. 

Here's how you can contact our live support: 

1. Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
  4. Click Start a message at the bottom.

Please let me us know how it goes. I'll be around to help if you have any other questions. Have a good one.