cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Missing accounts. I know I entered at least 13 accounts because I also generated invoices, but when I went to record payments, they were nowhere to be found. Where did they go? How do I retrieve that information? If they can't be found, can I re-enter

Missing accounts. I know I entered at least 13 accounts because I also generated invoices, but when I went to record payments, they were nowhere to be found. Where did they go? How do I retrieve that information? If they can't be found, can I re-enter

2 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Missing accounts. I know I entered at least 13 accounts because I also generated invoices, bu...

Greetings, @Catherine Ring.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Community. I’m here to make sure you’re able to retrieve the missing accounts.

There are two possible reasons why you can't find them, either the opened company file is not the right one or because of data damage.

Make sure to access the correct financial file for QuickBooks with multiple companies. If the problem is corrupted data, let’s run the Verify and Rebuild Tool to fix it. 

Let me show you how:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Select Utilities, then Rebuild Data.
  3. Click OK on the QuickBooks Information window. 
  4. Follow the prompt to save a backup.
  5. Hit OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
  6. Once done, follow the steps above except choose verify instead of rebuild.

Check out this article for reference: Resolve data damage. In the same link, you’ll find other data damage troubleshooting steps for Mac.

That should get you back up and running in no time. 

Let me know if this works out for you, I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Missing accounts. I know I entered at least 13 accounts because I also generated invoices, but when I went to record payments, they were nowhere to be found. Where did they go? How do I retrieve that information? If they can't be found, can I re-e

Customer accounts?