cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

Moving QB for Mac Desktop 2016 to new computer

Can I move Quickbooks for Mac 2016 to a new computer that has mojave.  It is currently running on High Sierra.  I'd like to move it with a clone of my old mac or with the migration assistant.  I could install the original CD on the new computer but I'm not sure it will open since it will not have been updated.

Are there any issues with moving my current (1 user) license?

Thanks to anyone with a suggestion

Steve

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Moving QB for Mac Desktop 2016 to new computer

Hello there, Captain Steve.

Yes, you can move your QuickBooks Desktop for Mac to a new computer that's running on High Sierra. It's one of the minimum system requirements of the software. There wouldn't be any issues just as long as the computer meets the requirements. 

Once you're ready to move your software, you can check this article: Install and set up QuickBooks Mac Desktop.

We're just around if you need our help. Just drop a comment below. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Community Explorer **

Thanks Kristine

My old computer is running High Sierra, the new one is running Mojave is that a problem?
Since I have a 1 person license should I De-authorize the license on the old computer and if so, should I do it before or after I transfer QuickBooks  from the old computer?

Thank You

Steve

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the clarification, Steve.

There shouldn't be an issue when you transfer to Mojave. The macOS X v10.14 (Mojave) is also one of the supported Mac operating systems.

Since you're using a 1 person license, you don't need to de-authorize the license at all.

If you have other questions, just drop a comment below.