cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Multi-user vs extra licenses?

I am using QB desktop pro plus 2019.  The literature says I can have up to 5 users with this package, but can I turn on multi-user  for those 5?  I have a single user license so I am trying to understand the 5 user limit on the base system.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Multi-user vs extra licenses?

Good day, @kullphoon,

I'm here with some clarifications about multi-user feature in QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2019.

This program allows you to add up to three users with one to three different licenses. You can upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop Premier if you want to have 5 users who can simultaneously work in your company file. Please open this link for your reference: Choose your QuickBooks Desktop product.

If you want to purchase another user license, here are the steps you can follow:

1. Click the Help menu.
  2. Select Manage My License, then Buy Additional User License.
  3. Select the option on how you want to purchase the new license.

You can read through this article for more details about purchasing additional license: Add a user license to your QuickBooks software.

That will answer your concern for today. Keep me posted if you still have follow-up questions about multiple user and licenses. I'd be glad to help.

Highlighted
Super Explorer *

When I follow those steps, I get a message that reads:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this functionality is not yet available in QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus and QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus.

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate your effort in performing the steps that my colleague provided, MonicaG.

I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team. They have the tools that can pull up your company file in a secure environment. Also, they can help you with concern about adding users in your license.

Once you're able to configure the users of your license, you can check this article in setting up a multi-user network.

Please keep me updated how it goes. I'd be around to help anytime.