cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoyo000
Level 1

Multiple items copy and paste into an invoice

I want to add 2000 items in one invoice with its quantity. Is there a way to copy and paste the items from excel to one invoice?

Please advise

Thank you

4 Comments 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, @Yoyo000,

I appreciate your time checking the Community today. I can share some information about adding items on your invoices.

At the moment, we're unable to copy your Excel data to QuickBooks at one action. To add these items and its quantity, you'll need to do it one at a time.

Also, make sure the information you're copying is already in your Item List and has the same description or characters. Here's how: 

1. Click the Customers menu.
  2. Choose Create Invoices.
  3. Fill out the Customer: Job, Date, Invoice #, and all necessary information on the sales transaction.
  4. In the Item column, copy the item from Excel or click the drop-down to choose one.
  5. In the Quantity column, copy or add the information manually.
  6. Click Save & Close.

That should get you on the right track, @Yoyo000. I've added here a related article to guide you with the steps: Create an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop

Thanks for your time. Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. Have a wonderful day!

Anton Bondar
Level 2

Hello Yoyo000 . Business Importer Desktop app is made for this. The app imports your data from Excel into Quickbooks Desktop. If you need one invoice with many lines inside (multilined) you just need to mention the same invoice number for rows which you would like to combine and the app imports data from your excel like one invoice with many lines into your QuickBooks Desktop profile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yoyo000 

RE: I want to add 2000 items in one invoice with its quantity. Is there a way to copy and paste the items from excel to one invoice?

Unfortunately no, there isn't a way to paste such items.  You can however import the entire invoice. If this is something you'll need to do over and over, you might want to use an app like our BRC IIF Transaction Creator Pro  to import your data instead of manually entering it.

BisonPump
Level 1

Lol, I love quickbooks so much! Look at it's versatility. It's quite amazing, all the things it can't do. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us