cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Negative Sales Order Quantity in Inventory Stock Status by Site Report

I'm running into an issue where when I run my Stock Status by Site report, I am finding some items that show a negative value in the Sales Order Quantity column.  This is also changing the available quantity to increase it by that amount (so an item not in stock shows 1 available if the sales order quantity is -1).  If I add that particular item onto a new sales order, it will change it to 0 on sales order with 0 available.  These negative values do not appear on the Stock Status by Item report.  Is there anyway to find out where these negative values are originating and how to fix them?  I use this particular report to order from because it does not take our other warehouse inventory into account, nor do I want to do that due to how I have inventories set up.

1 Comment
Highlighted

Re: Negative Sales Order Quantity in Inventory Stock Status by Site Report

Welcome and thanks for dropping by the Community, @NikkiD.

I'm here to help fix the issue you're having with inventory report in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

To start off, let's try to open a quick report for the item that is showing a negative value by double-clicking it. This will help us track what specific sales order (SO) is causing the issue. Once pulled up, open that SO as well, and try to delete and recreate it.

If the issue persists, let's perform other troubleshooting steps that can help isolate this. Try running the QuickBooks built-in diagnostic and repair tools called rebuild and verify data utilities. These tools comb through, repair, and notify you of data damage within the file. Here's how:

1. Go to File, then select Utilities and Rebuild Data.
2. Choose OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
3. Click OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
4. Now, go back to File, then Utilities and select Verify Data this time.

Should the Verify find an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Choose Close, then perform the steps below:

1. Locate the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
2. Check the log file.
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent Verify information.
4. Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, then check Top data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop.

For your reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Resolve data damage on your company file.

That should point you in the right direction. Please let me know how it goes so I can get back to you right away. I'm always here if you need further assistance. Take care and have a great rest of the day!