cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khorlick
Level 1

Non-profit Reports

I have non-profit selected in the settings, but the reports showing up to choose from are Profit and Loss and not the Statement of Activities. It used to be there, but now it's not. Any idea how to revert back? Thanks

10 Comments 10
Joyce_P
QuickBooks Team

Non-profit Reports

Let's get your Non-profit report display as Statement of Activity instead of Profit and Losskhorlick.

You can press the F5 twice on your keyboard to refresh your browser. You can also log out from your QBO account and log back in. This to refresh your browser and let the report shows as Statement of Activity.

If the same thing happens, let's perform a few steps to check if this a browser-related concern.

Cache and cookies make the browser easier and faster to use. However, it can also cause issues when piled up.

You can use a private window and see if the report shows as the Statement of Activity. If it does, go back to the original browser and clear the cache. Clearing the cache would delete the internet files that might be causing the issue. 

You can also use a different browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below.

rfeickert
Level 2

Non-profit Reports

I have the same issue and tried your solution @Joyce_P but unfortunately, it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Non-profit Reports

Hello there, @rfeickert.

Thanks for joining the thread and letting us know you tried out the steps that my peer @Joyce_P provided. I'd be glad to help point you in the right direction.

Since the troubleshooting steps above didn't work, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Support so they can review your account. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

Here's how to reach them:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online.
  2. Click Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
  3. Hit Contact us.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have other questions with QuickBooks Online. We're always here to help.

DavidForbes
Level 1

Non-profit Reports

Hi. I just had the same problem. I grew rather frustrated that no one had published an answer to this problem. So here's an answer:

It's possible for a QuickBooks Online account to be in a bad state, where it appears to be configured as a non-profit, but some internal flag indicates that it's a for-profit corp. This results in the reports offered being profit & loss instead of statements of financial position etc.

The cure that was given to me by a QBO support person was this:

Go to settings, company type. Change it from non-profit to some for-profit type of corp.

Save this change.

Then get back into company type and set it back to non-profit. Save the change.

Then you need to clear your cache in your browser (Firefox has a Clear Recent History menu item) to get the changed version into your browser, if you're using a browser.

Ryan_M

Non-profit Reports

Hi @rfeickert,

I'm dropping by on this conversation to share my thoughts on setting up a QuickBooks Online (QBO) non-profit company.

I agree with the steps provided by @DavidForbes above and can confirm that it's correct. For a complete view on how to upgrade an account to a non-profit organization, please see the article provided. It lists the process on how to change customers to donors, and how to change income and expenses to revenue and expenditures.

When you need to know how you can track funds in QBO, you can view this article: Fund Accounting for non-profits.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions.

rfeickert
Level 2

Non-profit Reports

It worked, thanks! This should be added as a more formal part of the community forums or the nonprofit setup instructions page, because I think quite a few people deal with the issue.

rfeickert
Level 2

Non-profit Reports

That worked, thank you SO MUCH!!!

NinaCampfield
Level 1

Non-profit Reports

My report shows as a Statement of Financial Activities, but the direct expenses show up as "cost of goods sold".  When I hit F5 twice, nothing happens.

Nina Campfield

NinaCampfield
Level 1

Non-profit Reports

I'm using QB Premier for Nonprofits desktop.  Can anyone help?

Charies_M

Non-profit Reports

Hello there, NinaCampfield.

The pressing of F5 twice to refresh your browser is only applicable to QuickBooks Online versions. Since you're using the QuickBooks Desktop Premier, you may need to perform a different troubleshooting steps.

Before doing so, you'll want to consider the possibility that the account used when creating an item may be under COGS. This is the reason why expenses show up as COGS on your Statement of Financial Activities.

To sort this out, open the transactions that contains the items that supposed to be under an expense account instead of COGS. Then, find the item from the Item List and change it to the correct expense account.

Here's how:

1. Go to List on the top menu.
  2. Click Item List.
  3. Right click the item and click Edit Item.
  4. In the Purchase Information section, choose the correct account from the COGS Account.
  5. Click OK.

Once done, you can reopen the report to see the changes made. You can also check out this article for your reference on how to edit items in QuickBooks Desktop: Add, edit, and delete items

Should you have other questions while working with your financial reports, just let me know. It's always my pleasure to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us