cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PHR
Experienced Member

Old hours loading on to current payroll

Every time I close a payroll, my next payroll shows up as pending with hours for two employees from a month ago already loaded.   They were paid those hours on a previous payroll.  The timesheets for the upcoming payroll are empty.   How do I get those old hours to stop loading for an upcoming payroll?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Old hours loading on to current payroll

Hello, @PHR.

Let me help share some information about running payroll in QuickBooks.

Are you referring to the overdue status in your Pay Employees screen? If so, you can change the status of your payroll schedule so that the previous payroll won't show up on your next payroll. 

Here's how:

1. Click the Employees menu at the top.
  2. Choose Payroll Center.
  3. In the Pay Employees tab, highlight the specific payroll schedule.
  4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Payroll Schedules and choose Edit Schedule.
  5. Update the dates of your pay period end date and paycheck date to the future date.
  6. Click OK once you're done.

However, if this is not what you're referring to, please let me know. I appreciate if you can provide further details about your issue. 

I'll be on the lookout for your reply and help you however I can.

PHR
Experienced Member

LilyC,

Thanks for responding. My issues is that two old timesheets are pulling in to my current payroll every week.  So after I finish a payroll, the very next payroll says "pending" with the hours for those two employees from a previous time period already loaded to be paid.  It is not allowing the new time information for those two employees to be loaded from TSheets. I have to manually go in and change their hours. 

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for clarifying your issue, PHR.

First, let's make sure the TSheet setting is correctly set up. This way, we can avoid duplicate entries.

Though, if it's correctly set up, I suggest contacting QuickBooks Online Payroll Support for an agent to walk you through with correcting the timesheets. Here's how:

1. In QuickBooks Online, click Help.
  2. Choose Contact Us.

I've got you an article for future reference: How To Edit or Delete an Employee Timesheet (Computer).

We're just around if you have other payroll concerns. Have a good one!