cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMBPRINTING
Level 1

PDF display error

Is anybody else experiencing this error?

It is preventing me from uploading any type of custom invoice. I am very familiar with this process and have done it many times. This is also a document I have used previously. It came on all of a sudden after making a slight change. I have reported it in however I am not getting any answers....it is preventing me from doing my invoicing in the format I need!

I see there is a ticket raised in the US for this problem (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Getting-error-message-quot-Stream-mus...) however the customer service Intuit line in Australia is not acknowledging this when I tried to advise them of the article! 

Any fixes or updates that anyone is aware of?

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF display error

Hello, TMBPRINTING.

I appreciate your effort for submitting a report about this issue. I’ll make sure to take note and share this message to our developers.

Let’s try some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.  We can start by trying to upload your custom invoice on a private browser. Here’s how:

• For Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+N.
  • For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+P.
  • For Safari, hold down Command+Shift+N.

If you’re able to do it successfully on a private window, I’d recommend clearing your browser’s cache or use a different browser. Though, if this won’t work out, it’d be best to update your Adobe Reader.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

TMBPRINTING
Level 1

PDF display error

Thanks for replying MikiD. This is an open ticket in the US so I would love if you could pass on these issues to the developer. So- I have tried everything you have said. I opened QuickBooks in a private browsing session in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and also tried on different devices. The difference with using QuickBooks through the browser is that the “preview and confirm your style page” has never worked for me and I assumed based on a previous conversation this was a known issue. The page doesn’t display the preview at all and doesn’t provide a “back/cancel/save” button of any sort. You are just left stuck on the screen. That’s been the case since the beginning of my subscription and is still occurring. For this reason I use QuickBooks via the desktop app and this is where I am experiencing my error. I clean the cache daily and my paid Adobe subscription is set to update automatically. I know it’s not a stand alone Adobe issue because the PDF viewer works when I am creating invoices/statements/remittances when I click on the print/preview button. My issue is with the import style page. See attached screen shot for the other issue above where it’s viewed within a browser. 

James_MasterofBooksthatareQuick
QuickBooks Team

PDF display error

Hi TMBPRINTING, did you want to share your docx invoice to see if I can make any changes, so that you don't get that error? I have had a lot of experience with importing invoices, and may be able to help! Thanks, 

TMBPRINTING
Level 1

PDF display error

Thank you kindly for the offer James. I'm really confident it's not the document. I've always imported and am experienced with mapping fields. This was a docx I have used in Quickbooks many times. I just made a small adjustment to remove a fax number and now can't get it back on. I've even tried "dummy" files - a docx with only a couple of mapping fields but its the display that's the issue. I wish I had of left it alone...getting behind in my invoicing now and don't want that unprofessional look of randomly changing templates!

James_MasterofBooksthatareQuick
QuickBooks Team

PDF display error

Perhaps the software may not be working ideally, however there may be some amendments to the invoice that will allow QuickBooks to process without any errors. If you would like to attach, I can at least have a look and confirm. Thank-you,