cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

PO and Inventory

I am trying to figure out why the qty on the PO is not matching the inventory on hand screen. The PO quantity is showing on only one line as the total with 0 for the other items. Also on the PO the qty on hand for items (pop up window) does not match the actual quantity on the PO line item. ANy help is appreciated

Ron

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: PO and Inventory

Hello there, @stoneclean.

I'm here to help share information about purchase orders in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

A purchase order (PO) is a document you can send to your vendor which states your intent to purchase products or services from a vendor. PO is a non-posting transaction which will only be realized when creating a bill. This is the reason why it won't affect the quantity on hand of your item/s. In addition, the PO quantity on hand for the item shows the total number or quantity of items used/entered when creating a PO.

I've attached these screenshots for additional reference.

c4 initial quantity of the item 1.PNG

c4 first PO 2.PNG

c4 second PO 3.PNG

c4 bill4.PNG

c4 after saving the bill.PNG

For more information, you may check this article: How to use purchase order.

You can also check our self-help articles for your future reference: Help articles for QBO.

Stay posted if you have any other questions about purchase orders, I'll be always here to help you. Have a good day ahead!