cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

PRINTING ISSUES

I WANT MY INVOICES TO PRINT OUT WITH SHADING.   I HAD NOT CHANGED ANYTHING IN THE TEMPLATE.   EXAMPLE 1 WAS PRINTED YESTERDAY AND EXAMPLE 2 WAS PRINTED TODAY.   I CHANGED NOTHING AT ALL.   PLEASE HELP

6 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: PRINTING ISSUES

Hi LOUIE1,

This happens if the option for shading was disabled the last time you printed an invoice. This feature is can be found in the Print One Invoice window.

1. Open an invoice and click the Print icon.
  2. In the Print One invoice window, place a check mark in the Shade alternate table rows check box. This feature is not on the invoice template.
  3. Click on Preview, and then Print.

QuickBooks will remember your selection and will apply it the next time you print invoices.

You can join us back here if you need more help. Thanks!

Experienced Member

Thank you for the response.   See attached i don't have that box in print one window.

QuickBooks Team

Hello, @LOUIE1.

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing another screenshot. Allow me to step in for a moment and share some information about printing invoices with shading in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

The option that my colleague provided is only available in QBDT Enterprise. Just to clarify, may I know what QuickBooks version you're currently using? You can leave a comment down below to add more details. This will help me make sure that I can provide you with the best resolution for your concern.

I'll keep an eye to your response. Have a good one.

Highlighted
Experienced Member

QBDT 2019 Premier

Established Community Backer ***

@FritzF

@JessT

This is a Known Bug in Pro/Premier. Until you open and Customize anything, such as editing the template; or just in that Print Dialog pop up, choose Do Not Print Lines, then Preview, then remove that to Print Lines.

Pro/Premier templates starts with the Shading and you cannot Control it. It isn't an available control. It's been a Reported program bug for Years, now, for Pro/Premier.

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the prompt response, LOUIE1.

As mentioned by my colleague @FritzF, this feature is only available in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. While the option to print invoice with shading is not yet available in QuickBooks Desktop Premier, I encourage you sending this idea to our product developers to include this enhancement in the future. I'll make sure to do the same thing on my end.

To send feedback, here's how:

1. Choose the Help menu.
  2. Click Send Feedback Online.
  3. Select Product Suggestion.
  4. Enter your feature request.
  5. Click Send Feedback.

We look forward to seeing this feature soon. Reach back to me if you have other questions in mind. I'm always ready to help you out.