cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Paid invoice, deposited not in bank account

Hello all, 

Can you please explain. We recently when from QB online to Desktop but unfortunately have to transfer company clients and transactions manually into QB Desktop.  When I entered a pay invoice into QB Desktop do I apply a payment to it as well or do I do a credit QB desktop is already reconsile untill 03/31/2019 I dont want to mess accounting. Please. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Paid invoice, deposited not in bank account

Hello there, Siagny.

I'm happy you came here for support. Let me share some insights about manually entering transactions in QuickBooks.

If you manually enter transactions like invoice from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, you can apply the payment to it through the Receive Payments. Don't worry, doing this will not affect the reconciled transactions as long as Bank and the amount remains unchanged.

Here's how to receive payment:

1. Click the Customers menu.
  2. Select Receive Payments.
  3. On Received From drop-down, choose the customer’s name, then enter the Amount.
  4. Make sure the date is correct, then choose the Payment method.
  5. Click Save & Close.

To be more familiar with recording payments, here's an article that you may find handy: Record a payment for an invoice.

You might want to refer to this article to learn more about converting from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop: Export limitations when moving from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.

This should help you be all set. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any other concerns. Have a good one.