cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davido
Level 3

Payments with PayPal can't be matched with bank. Would show as expenses two times. Some entries automatically. deleted, reconnected PayPal. no change. How can I fix it?

(I connected with the PayPal app the second time. The account it cannot be matched is a checking bank account where the money comes from).
Solved
Best answer February 11, 2019

Best Answers
Kristine Mae

Payments with PayPal can't be matched with bank. Would show as expenses two times. Some entries automatically. deleted, reconnected PayPal. no change. How can I fix it?

Hello again, Davido.

Two Paypal accounts connected which resulted in the duplicated transactions.

Regarding your concern, yes, that's the right thing to do. I've got you an article about Paypal app connection: Use the Connect to PayPal app.

You can always get back to this thread if you have other concerns. Have a good day! 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Kristine Mae

Hey there, Davido.

Let's manually delete the duplicate transactions. Then, match them to the existing QuickBooks Online transactions. 

Since transactions are still coming in as duplicate even after disconnecting the app, I suggest contacting QuickBooks Online Customer Care for an agent to take a better look at this. Here's how to contact us:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Click Help at the top right.
  3. Click the Contact us button. 

The phone support is open from Mondays to Fridays at 6:00 am to 6:00 pm PST. 

Reach out to us if you have other concerns. Have a great day! 

davido
Level 3

Hi I think I know what part of the problem was.  I had first PayPal set up "regular", thought I deleted it but it was still there after I synced with the PayPal app. So I deleted know all PayPal transactions from the first import and deactivated that Paypal account. Is tat the right thing to do?

Kristine Mae

Hello again, Davido.

Two Paypal accounts connected which resulted in the duplicated transactions.

Regarding your concern, yes, that's the right thing to do. I've got you an article about Paypal app connection: Use the Connect to PayPal app.

You can always get back to this thread if you have other concerns. Have a good day! 

davido
Level 3

Thank you!

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

You are welcome, @davido.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to let us know. The Community is here to help. Thanks for dropping by and take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us