cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member
Solved

Pop up ad

Every quarter or so, I guess Quickbooks has a special and they create an ad that pops up as soon as you start quickbooks. This causes my computer to freeze and I'm forced to restart. I'm unable to get into it as long as this ad continues.

Any way to turn off the ads? 

Best answer 04-09-2019

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Pop up ad

Thank you for reaching out in the Community, @lmcgowan26.

I'd be glad to help turn off the popup ad that's showing on your QuickBooks. Although these notices serve as a helpful reminder, I know this seems not necessary if you keep seeing these popup ads over and over.

Here's how to turn off product and service pop-up:

1. Open your QuickBooks and go to Edit menu.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Then choose General on the left-side panel.
  4. Click the My Preferences folder.
  5. Check the box next to Turn off popup messages for products and services.
  6. Once done, click OK.

popup ad.PNG

Then restart QuickBooks for this change to take effect. 

Also, there are possible causes why the QuickBooks program freeze. You may have missing QBWUSER.INI file or it's possible that there's corruption on your hard drive. Whatever the reason may be, we have some solutions that can fix this issue. 

Let me route you to this helpful article for the steps you'll need to perform: Solutions for when QuickBooks stops working.

This should help get you back on track. If you need other helpful articles in the future, you can always visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about the popup ads. I'll be here to help however I can.

6 Comments
Highlighted

Thank you for reaching out in the Community, @lmcgowan26.

I'd be glad to help turn off the popup ad that's showing on your QuickBooks. Although these notices serve as a helpful reminder, I know this seems not necessary if you keep seeing these popup ads over and over.

Here's how to turn off product and service pop-up:

1. Open your QuickBooks and go to Edit menu.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Then choose General on the left-side panel.
  4. Click the My Preferences folder.
  5. Check the box next to Turn off popup messages for products and services.
  6. Once done, click OK.

popup ad.PNG

Then restart QuickBooks for this change to take effect. 

Also, there are possible causes why the QuickBooks program freeze. You may have missing QBWUSER.INI file or it's possible that there's corruption on your hard drive. Whatever the reason may be, we have some solutions that can fix this issue. 

Let me route you to this helpful article for the steps you'll need to perform: Solutions for when QuickBooks stops working.

This should help get you back on track. If you need other helpful articles in the future, you can always visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about the popup ads. I'll be here to help however I can.

Experienced Member

Thank you, you're awesome.

Community Manager

You're most welcome, lmcgowan26. 

We're glad to see that the steps help you to turn off the popup ads. You're always welcome to post more questions. Have a great day! 

Frequent Explorer *

WHEN will we be able to turn off advertising in QBO?

Thanks for joining this conversation, devin-doyle.

I can guide you on turning off the ads, so we can enhance your QuickBooks Online (QBO) experience.

These ads serve as guide to help you navigate the software. If they seem to affect your navigation, I'd suggest clicking on the X or No, thanks buttons. QBO will turn off the ads and remember your choice.

To make sure we can address your concerns, I'll definitely pass along your experience. Our engineers make improvements in QuickBooks Online by listening to our customers' suggestions and comments.

That should get you in the right direction.

I want to ensure everything is taken care of. Please keep me posted and let me know if you have follow-up questions about the details above. Have a good one. 

Frequent Explorer *

So your reply is 'it's impossible to turn off pop up ads in the product you pay $60+ per month for' - don't obfuscate it in that huge block of blathering text.