cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AX1
Level 1

Price Rules and Quantity Pricing

When setting up price rules for specific customers, is it possible to set the price rule to override the quantity discount on an item?   ex. If a customer buys 4 of an item, they receive a quantity discount of 20%, A specific customer has an agreed upon discount of 25% off their entire order, but does not receive the quantity discount on the items.  Currently using QB Enterprise Solutions 19

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Price Rules and Quantity Pricing

Hi there, @AX1.

I'd be pleased to help share some information about how price rules work in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.

Currently, overriding price rules to the quantity discount on an item isn't an option to us. QuickBooks will depend on the quantity discount that was set up together with the price rule. Therefore, you'll need to manually enter the amount since the discount was an internal agreement. 

To learn more about price rules in QuickBooks Desktop, please refer to this article: Use Advanced Pricing.

Also, I encourage you sharing your product suggestions to our developers. This way they'll be able to determine features that can help you run your business easier. 

In order for them to account your suggestions, please follow these steps on your QuickBooks Desktop account:

1. Click the Help menu bar.
  2. Scroll down to Send Feedback Online.
  3. Select Product Suggestion.
  4. Choose Product Suggestion for the Type of Feedback.
  5. Product Area is optional.
  6. Enter your suggestion.
  7. Click Send Feedback.

This should keep you moving today.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with your QuickBooks account. I'm here to help you out whenever you needed me. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us