cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Problem with upgrade to Mac2019 from 2016

My customized Job Status items where wiped out  and I don't see a way to restore.

I had Rented, Lien and Closed for Job Status catagories.

Also the note column in the customer center disappeared and moved to the right when the customer center is not compressed down to columns. It is rare that I have the customer center uncompressed - takes up too much room.

4 REPLIES 4
QuickBooks Team

Re: Problem with upgrade to Mac2019 from 2016

Hi there, @jimdimitri.

It's nice to have you back here in the Community. Allow me to provide information about the last updates for QuickBooks for Mac 2019.

There are some enhancements with the latest release of the QuickBooks for Mac 2019 this includes Centers, this comprises the following:

• Fixed a problem where the text in Group Information in Customer Center was sometimes clipped
  • Removed an unnecessary tab view button in the New Group window
  • Fixed a problem where the Group Members shown in Customer Center are not sorted correctly.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur switching to Flat View in Customer Center.

For more information about this update, please refer to this article: Recent changes, improvements and fixes in QuickBooks Mac Desktop 2019.

Also, you can always send us feedback about your preferences on how we can help you run your business easier. Feedback will be sent to our Product Development Team for review when determining features to be added in future updates. You can do that through this link: QuickBooks for Mac FeedBack.

Please know that the Community is always here if there's anything else you need. Have a great day!

Community Contributor *

Did not address job status -being able to change awarded to rented, and so on.

alsohow to put note column in colapsed customer center.

jim

Community Contributor *

Also now the group area in left side of customer center does NOT slide to top(minimize) as we could do before. Only moves up so four rows are showing where before we could slide up so no rows showed. Wasted real estate!

Community Backer **

The notes in the customer center are now more similar to how they are in QuickBooks Windows. This was done as part of the addition of email tracking in the customer and vendor centers.

The job status items should not have been removed.  If you have just converted (and not done significant data entry) you may want to try running QuickBooks->Check for Updates, applying all updates, and then reopen your 2016 file to see if they are retained.  The 2016 file was saved in the same directory as your 2019 file when the first upgrade occurred.