cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

Products Mass Update

So, I want to reorganize all my products, therefore my SKUs needs to change, but I don't want to disable the existing products and upload new ones... I just want to update the SKU of the existing products... how can this be done?

Thanks!

Best answer 4 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Products Mass Update

Hi, badillandres.

You can update your products and services’ SKU by following the steps below:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top. 
  2. Go to Product and Services under Lists 
  3. Got to the Product and Services you’d like to update the SKU and click Edit. 
  4. Enter the new information on the SKU field. 
  5. Click Save and close. 

Please note that this action can only be done per item and is not available per batch. 

Visit us again anytime you need help with QuickBooks. 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi, badillandres.

You can update your products and services’ SKU by following the steps below:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top. 
  2. Go to Product and Services under Lists 
  3. Got to the Product and Services you’d like to update the SKU and click Edit. 
  4. Enter the new information on the SKU field. 
  5. Click Save and close. 

Please note that this action can only be done per item and is not available per batch. 

Visit us again anytime you need help with QuickBooks. 

Established Member

Thanks! Bit disappointing that there is no batch option to modify products, I guess this is something that happens often to lots of businesses. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @badillandres

I know it can be time-consuming to individually update your item's SKU information when there are too many. To be able to modify them in batch is great to help improve your experience in QBO.

I want you to know that we are listening to your insights. Rest assured, I'll pass your suggestion to our product engineers so they can look into it. 

To help you stay current on all the product news and updates, I recommend visiting this article: The QuickBooks Blog. Also, you might check out our help articles if you have other product-related questions in the future.

I'm always here to help if there's anything else you need. Have a good day.